• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Inner Mesh Door

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Can people post pictures of their inner doors? I have a playhouse and want to do a door, but havent a clue how to do it!!

Thank you :D

I would be interested in this as well, because we are in th process of converting our shed. I think will have two mesh doors, one opening at the bottom and the other higher up IYSWIM. This will stop Basil making a run for it when I step in:)

IMG_7957.jpg

dont know if you can see it ok.
basically its 2 metal mesh panals. The bottem one is attached on and stays on (so bunnies dont run out) and teh top ond hooks onto 2 hooks and ties onto the bottom one. i comes off aswell

IMG_7957.jpg

dont know if you can see it ok.
basically its 2 metal mesh panals. The bottem one is attached on and stays on (so bunnies dont run out) and teh top ond hooks onto 2 hooks and ties onto the bottom one. i comes off aswell

What an awesome setup! That looks absolutely amazing!

you should be really proud of that, your buns have an awesome space!

Do you have mesh or anything under the big green area to stop escape / intrusions?

you should be really proud of that, your buns have an awesome space!

Do you have mesh or anything under the big green area to stop escape / intrusions?

thanks, i do love it, very nice for them.

The grass is has mesh under it and is bordered by those white slap things you can see. It had to be extremely secure as that little grey blob you see is a wee monster:lol: he is constantly trying to escape

Thank you both for your replies. Your setups look really impressive :) We were thinking along the lines of a framed mesh door just for extra strength as we plan to leave the wooden door open as much as possible.

Thank you both for your replies. Your setups look really impressive :) We were thinking along the lines of a framed mesh door just for extra strength as we plan to leave the wooden door open as much as possible.

Same here I want one too - OH is going to do a stable door (cut the shed door in half) and then a half mesh one but, I want to close it in winter and at night aswell, so it needs to swing back and clip back, like the american screen doors do, interesting to see some idea's, those two are good :wave:

thanks, i do love it, very nice for them.

The grass is has mesh under it and is bordered by those white slap things you can see. It had to be extremely secure as that little grey blob you see is a wee monster:lol: he is constantly trying to escape

Veejay do you just hop over your mesh screen when cleaning etc then?

Veejay do you just hop over your mesh screen when cleaning etc then?

yes, dont know how clear it is in the pic but it kindof spilts in half and the top part totally unattaches and i can take it out.
I jump in with shovel in hand and bag on the outised and shovel the stuff out and into the bag, isnt too bad. I needed somthing quite high to stop siad grey blob from jumping straight out the minuit i open the door:lol:

This is how it looks from the outside - down side is rain can be blown in but they have shelters in the shed. Upside is when it was very hot a few weeks ago I left the main door open over night to keep them cooler. The mesh door is in the shed so that the main door can still be closed when needed
Photo025.jpg

I have attached a simple hook and padlock.
Photo027.jpg

Hinges attaching the door to the shed door frame. The whole thing was fairly cheap and easy to make.
Photo028.jpg

Back