• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Do any boarding places take buns with snuffles?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I have a snuffle bun and i wondered if anyone takes buns with this? Was thinking if i ever need to go on a longer holiday, would be good to have somewhere i can take her that is rabbit savvy.
Thanks
Ambience x

You would have to discuss it with the individual Boarder. There might be one with an isolation area and sufficient skills and experience.
I dont know of any myself.

I dont know of any - would need to discuss with local boarders - maybe someone smaller that does not take other rabbits whilst yours is there?

I do know that my local boarding last summer - a lot of her rabbits had snuffles so she would not let my Leo go - said she could not risk it even if he was kept away from them, as he was elderly too much of a risk. So he went to another boarders.

Is there anyone you know who might look after him on his own? Someone you trust who does not have any of their own rabbits? When we went at Easter my friend/neighbour came round twice a day but she was very guinea savvy and has known Leo bunny ages.

I know some of the animal boarders round here also offer an at home service where someone comes in twice a day?

I'm not a boarder but I personally can't see the huge risks of having a rabbit with snuffles? :? unless it was something extremely virulent in origin like MRSA. Most rabbits carry the snuffles causing pathogens in their respiratory tracts and mouths anyway, it is only those whose immune systems are severely affected who would be at risk of catching the infection.
Many snuffles buns live quite happily with a bonded partner showing no clinical symptoms.

I can't see why a bun in separate accomodation and a boarder following good hygiene practices - which they should be anyway, should be an issue? Clearly it is up to the boarder and the risks they want to take, i'm just saying to me it seems like a minimal risk - unless of course they have already booked in other rabbits with fragile immunity e.g. elderly buns etc.

I agree with the above post ^^ we have a snuffles bun in adoption at the moment his hutch is in the middle of all the others and it's not caused any problems.

I wouldn't be worried about having a snuffles bun here for boarding as long as I had been told before it was due in, so if there where elderly buns due in at the same time I could take necessary action.

Thanks everyone that's really helpful. I was thinking there would be a market for snuffles bun boarding if not :) x

Back