• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your o/h's help with the buns?.

Just curious, mine does quite alot, ive got back from work and the littertrays are done also the water and the hoovering hes also changed boxes to fresh ones, and now hes upstairs giving SophieAnnie a furcut (she is part woolyback, and needs trimming all the time).
God i love my man!:D

Not really as the furries are my pets. He'll do the odd thing to help out if I ask him to, but overall I do it all. I'm quite happy with this as I enjoy it, and to be honest he didn't choose to get them and wouldn't bother if I didn't want them so much.

A bit & he'll have to this coming week as I'm away overnight :shock: :lol:

To be fair though, as he gets up much earlier than me he does take the hutch covers off and gives them their pellets first thing so they're not starving & sitting in the dark til 8am :roll: He also helps me to put them to bed at night :)

Last edited:
I dont have an OH but my daughter helps me feed the bunnies and watch them when they are on the grass. I have a male work colleague that does all the building of runs and playhouses... so that covers the help I need... no need for an OH :lol::lol::lol:

Wow! Thats impressive. Want to trade??

Actually I don't think mine is too bad... yours just sounds exemplary!

Dave will clean out if I ask him too, groom spontaneously, and do feeding and meds for me thought thats mostly just for Mr Fluff because he is favourite and because he lives inside (lazy sod) :roll:

Not really. My oh doesn't do any of the cleaning etc but he does look after Dudley when I am working nights or go away for a couple nights.
He is good at feeding him treats etc though so Dudley will like him better apparently :roll: :lol:

Mine would NEVER clean out the buns! The most he does is throw a handful of SS pellets into their hutches when I'm back late from work. If he's feeling generous he'll top up water bottles and then remind me that he did it for the next 24 hours.

He has a really good relationship with Ralph though and will happily sit stroking him for 30 mins occasionally. Ralph loves him and obsessively grooms him.

Mine doesnt! im away next weekend on a hen night and hes goin to have to sort mylo out, im dreadin it! im gona be ringing him and leavin a note for him to do things and what time of the day!

He strokes him and winds him up, thats his contribution to looking after him!

He's brilliant tbh. :love:

It took a little 'training' on how to do it lol but he does their litter tray every morning, gives them their morning 'leaf or two' and feeds them their tea-time veggies most days. He vacuums up too and feeds the guinea pigs as well.

As he's now retired he gives the buns' loads of free-range time too and spent hours working on their outdoor set-up. He goes on and on about how lovely they are! :) xx

Yet before we got married he had very little to do with animals....

I tend to sweep the piggies out and sweep the buns' out but he will sweep piggy-poos off their fleece if I ask. I always do the big 'weekly cleans' and buy things for them but he is excellent with them and I can't complain.

Aww that sounds really good :) my mans is excellent too. I'm so lucky to have aguy who understands my love for bunnies, as I can seem many guys thinking they're a waste of time! But my man loves them as much as I do :) He lets me do most of the jobs because he knows I enjoy them, but never moans if I need him to help out :)

Mike does his fair share of work with the animals. I end to do more of the indoor animals, horses, rabbits and birds, he takes more responsiblity for the pigs, sheep and goats. He can trim their feet and does all the hays because I'm allergic. If I'm not well he does all the animals as best he can and even grooms the fluffy buns.:D

Oh and he pays nealy all the bills- vet and food bills.

My OH doesn't clean them out, but he holds them for medicine/nail clipping, plays with them, fusses them, drives them to the vet etc. Anything but the cleaning really :lol:

Mine does everything. He puts the guinea pig and Gertie out in the morning, he gets them in at night. He feeds and waters them. He cleans them out. He knows how to inject if necessary, and does that more than me.They're not my pets, they're ours. :)

He helped me building a hut for the runs today, but he doesn't do any general care- he does when i'm away though.

Oooh - luck you!

I don't have an OH - but my mum helps me by building new hutches etc :lol:

Ditto!! I'd like an OH - purely to help with the bunnies. I'm on my own so have ABSOLUTLY NOBODY to help me!!! :cry: Mum comes around to help me build stuff too. Anyone got any OH's they don't need?? :p

Ditto!! I'd like an OH - purely to help with the bunnies. I'm on my own so have ABSOLUTLY NOBODY to help me!!! :cry: Mum comes around to help me build stuff too. Anyone got any OH's they don't need?? :p

Well John's retired now so has more spare time - perhaps I could hire him out.... he's never been to Ireland.... ;)

Yes
He feeds them every morning before he goes to work and lets them out in the runs. He talks to them and strokes them too. He helps get them in at night.
He pays all the vet bills and makes all hutches/ runs/ ramps./ rabbit room etc.

When i'm away he does everything I would do including cleaning them out. He doesn't normally clean them out in the day because he's at work and I am a housewife, but he would do it when home from work if I was ill.

The only thing he has never done is meds but has never needed to. I'm sure he could manage if the chips were down.
100% happy with his help.:)
sue:wave:

Back