• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT!zithromax & marbocyl-is it safe

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
i have a very sick bunny who i have given metacam and marbocyl. She has suffered with headtilt in the past and i gave her zithromax...i think i have heard of the two used together.

She has worsened from this morning and had what i though was arthritus issues but now she can hardly move and is making a snuffly noise and won't eat. I was going to take her to the emegency but i know they can't give her any more than me and arent very rabbit savy and she isn't dehydrated...sorry have to go and check on her i just need to know if i can go ahead with the zithro as i do think this will help her.

the emergency vet isn't my usual vet and my usual vet only used it because i asked them!
i am wondering if this is associated with her previous headtilt so the zithro seems the best idea to me.

I agree - I really wouldn't do this without advice from a vet. Perhaps they could give it over the phone?

Back