• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit wee?

RoopyE

Young Bun
Hey,
I just wondered what you all recommend as the best thing to clean rabbit wee off of carpets/apholstery and bedding?
My darling rabbit Ariel decided to come up onto my bed and see what I was doing, she was being well behaved but then decided to wee on my bed throw, its too big to put in the washing machine so I wondered if there was anything I could use!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
xx

Thankyou, will definitely try that next time! :)
This time I grabbed whatever I could (which happened to be carpet cleaner) and then put some soapy water on it, I think the smells gone but I'll have to check when it dries!

Sometimes the wee smell can still be smelled by the rabbit even if we can't smell it. I had a bunny who would always pee in one particular spot on the carpet until I did the vinegar thing. Just a warning and something to watch for with your bunny.

Baking powder is good for removing smells and stains - either sprinkle on and rub in then leave for a while, or mix into a paste and rub it on, then hoover up once it's dried up.

Back