• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and rain?

redliz

Young Bun
I'm worried about our Phoebe being out in the rain..will it do her any harm?
There's been a couple of absolute downpours this afternoon here ...(she's out in the garden) but refuses to go back in the hutch...it's always left open when she's out and about (I can't catch her and pick her up because I've broken a toe so not very mobile :oops::lol:)
She just sits in the rain or occasionally will go sit under the garden table or shed ..if left some hay in empty flowerpots under the table to tempt her to at least sit out of it.

As long as they have the choice of shelter & are mobile enough to be able to go into the shelter...and dont get so wet that they are cold...so plenty of out of the wind shelter with something to suggle into - they should be fine...!:)

I'm worried about our Phoebe being out in the rain..will it do her any harm?
There's been a couple of absolute downpours this afternoon here ...(she's out in the garden) but refuses to go back in the hutch...it's always left open when she's out and about (I can't catch her and pick her up because I've broken a toe so not very mobile :oops::lol:)
She just sits in the rain or occasionally will go sit under the garden table or shed ..if left some hay in empty flowerpots under the table to tempt her to at least sit out of it.

My bunny gets bedraggled very quickly as he has quite long fur. Sometimes he will shelter in his tunnel, but rain or no rain he resists being picked up. Sympathy re. the broken toe - I have a broken arm so at the moment it's a matter of persuading him into his carry-box. My parents help, but neither of them can pick him up. I'll keep an eye on this thread as I'm interested in the topic. We get a lot of rain in the west of Scotland but not today - brilliant sunshine. :wave:

Back