• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just a thought

ebonys mum

Alpha Buck
when i say im going on holiday and ebony is going to bunny boarder or any of my pets in the past people always seem to make the remark "what if your pet dies in kennels etc while your a way "of course this causes me stress but i wondered if anyone has had this experiance and how often it happens sorry going away in september for a week so this crappy thought is in my head so had to let it out

If your pets are all young and healthy I wouldn't let it worry you too much, although it is always a possibility. I'm sure the people your pets are boarding with will do all they can and would take the animal to the vets if needed.

I have had one hamster die while I was on holiday, but he was fairly old and had always been a bit overweight so probably would have died anyway. He was staying with a friend who I trusted.

thankyou loosy ebony is a healthy 1 year old and she has been to the borders befor and appeared very happy:love: but it still makes you think

I have fortunately not had this experience, however when I signed up to my bunny-border kennels the owner and I discussed at length what would happen if a rabbit did pass away in their care (which at the time had not yet happened, though that was 2007 and I guess there is always a first). What my border would do is take the pet to their registered vet, after giving any bonded partner(s) time to say goodbye, and the pet goes into the deep freezer there until their owner comes back and can decide to take them home for a burial or arrange a cremation.

I think it's important to talk about such possibilities with your border directly so you're happy with what they would do should the worst happen whilst your pets are in their care.

Back