• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you look after your buns...

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
...better than you look after yourself?? :shock:

i was just thinking about it. My buns get the very best organic hay and veg whereas me and oh get the cheapest half dead stuff! If i need to go to the docs i usually dont bother (a consultation here costs 30 euros and prescropitions are ludicrously expensive) whereas if my buns so much as sneeze they're off to the vets without hesitation :lol: Holidays with my oh are now a no no coz we dont like leaving the buns with other ppl for too long!

Its madness :shock::lol:

Oh and also, my flat can get grubby and untidy if im working loads but the buns are always spotless, come hell or high water!

A mere 3 and a half months into bunny ownership and I can see myself heading in the same direction... :oops::lol::wave:

Definitely.

They eat far better than I do as I always get the 'easy' thing for myself but spend time on their food.

I find I put things aside and put buns first - bless my OH sits by himself sometimes whilst Im in the garden at 11pm chatting to the buns!:roll::lol:

yep afraid so but i rationalise a friend said a tidy house is a wasted life but ebony and my partner always come first then me because id feel guilty any other way

yep afraid so but i rationalise a friend said a tidy house is a wasted life but ebony and my partner always come first then me because id feel guilty any other way

Yeh me too :oops:

ive given up on having a perfectly tidy house now, my buns free range in my flat all day so its next to impossible anyway :roll:

They certainly eat better than I do... and have tidier houses than mine.

I think the telling thing is that I'm always 10mins early for the vet, wheras for the GP I arrive just in the nick of time, or a few minutes late. And I'm always late for work because sorting something bunny out (or just chatting to Mr Fluff) tends to take over...

I think the telling thing is that I'm always 10mins early for the vet, wheras for the GP I arrive just in the nick of time, or a few minutes late.

Very true.

For me it's that they go to the vets, I don't bother going to the doctors.

Our buns eat better than us and also at decent times we have been known to sit down for our tea at 11.30 at night after cleaning out and feeding all the buns and as for holidays........what's that???? :lol: (but wouldn't be without any of them)

Haha! Oh dear oh dear. It's true. My bunnies are living in freekin' luxury at the expenseof me and my OH. My OH bough a car the other day (his pride and joy :roll:) but I needed to get some hay... so we went to a farm that sells the most tasty smelling hay... but I "forgot" to tell my OH that it was a bale. You should have seen his face when he realised he would have to put the bale in the back of his car! Hay EVERYWHERE! :D! But bunnies are more important that pristine automobiles ;). And that's on top of stupidly expensive pellets and 4 different type of hay from Hay experts (£££)... mwhahah. This is more effort than I've ever put into myself! Who would have the time!!

Last edited:
My parents knew I was REALLY serious about wanting a rabbit when I stopped buying shoes and refused to go on holiday. :lol::lol:

Yes. I buy the best food and veg for my bunnies and rubbish food for me and OH. I refuse to go to the doctors but take the buns to the vets for everything. And I don't buy clothes or anything like that anymore, but I think nothing of spending £40 on bunny toys

Back