• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will you get more rabbits when yours pass on?

Will you keep more rabbits?

• Yes, I will have more rabbits.

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • No, when mine have passed I won't have any more.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Not straight away but maybe in time.

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
I know we all love our bunnies but wondering how many of us will continue to keep them when our current ones have gone to the bridge.

At the moment I don't think I'll have anymore of my own, but instead will use the accommodation for sanctuary buns........but we'll have to see if I can resist:lol:

Eventually I would like to reduce my numbers and just have two giants. Wont be for a long time though as Dutchie is my oldest bun and he is only 3

No, right now I don't think I'll get another bun when mine pass. (Hopefully in MANY years time.)

The thing I have found is when one passes they're usually in a pair so they're the ones who need to companion not me. Unless both of them pass at the same time (which is unlikely) I think I will always get a new bunny when another passes on :)

Yep, I couldnt imagine life without them. But no more than 2. Same with the guinea pigs -- I can cope with numbers I have now, but 4 furry hay eating animals would be so much easier on the pocket.

The thing I have found is when one passes they're usually in a pair so they're the ones who need to companion not me. Unless both of them pass at the same time (which is unlikely) I think I will always get a new bunny when another passes on :)

I think this must be really tricky for people who want to stop keeping them.
I've decided when we get down to one that we will probably take him/her to a rescue but who knows whether I'd be able to do it when push comes to shove.

Probably, I say that because it really depends on circumstances at the time aswell, I have no intention of ever ever not having the ones I have now, they are here till death us do part, I need to find a wife for Gizmo and then it's two pairs who are relatively young, so more after them, not sure, my dog is eleven atm and showing signs of decline so same after she goes, might have a break tbh get some holidays in, not sure so can't tick any of the options sorry. I can only say I don't envisage my life not having dogs or rabbits but, possibly a break in between of a couple of years will be in order.

Yes i definitely will always keep rabbits i think from now on, providing i have the correct funds. They give me so much joy i would be lost without them, i just love caring for them.

Yeeeeesssssssssssss! So long as I have the funds and the space, there will be bunnies in my life :love:

Same for me too. A garden looks empty without a hutch and some bunnies running round. More plentiful in terms of plants and flowers, perhaps...:lol:

xxx

There will always be a place for a needy bunneh here :love::love:

I'm more likely to stick to 4 maximum in the future, definitely won't go above 6 (though I have heard others say things like that :?).

Yes I would have more bunnies. I have 2 singles at present and I won't get anymore until both of them have passed away (I don't ever want them to go though :cry:).

Next time I would ensure I adopt an already bonded pair and keep them in my living room or in the spare room whichever is better for us at the time.

Back