• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moult?

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
I have a pair of real scruffy bunsters at the moment:lol: There is fur literally floating around the whole house:shock:

Obv I am a fairly new bunny owner, just had Bobby for about a year so I just wondered how lob does it last for? And should I be brushing them much? they aren't what I would call long haired, but very fluffy... got little tufts sticking out all over them:lol: I pluck what i can, or should I say what they allow:wave::roll:

I have to groom all but one of my buns regularly through the warmer months, particularly my frenchie and the giants.

I did all 12 a few days ago and had enough fur to stuff a cushion (I didn't;)), and they'd only been done a week before!

My timmy seems to have been moulting sone about april :roll:
i pluck and brush him as much as he'll happily allow.
Its such a pain, that fur ends up EVERYWHERE :shock:

I keep waiting for Spenser to moult, but he hasn't. :? He's got quite long fur (lionhead cross with a cute little mane between his ears). I only got him in April, when he was about 7 months old, so I'm wondering if he's still a bit young for moulting. I brush him most days, but the only sign of significant fur loss is the fine hairs attached to the mesh on his hutch. He lets me brush his back, but any attempt to do his front results in him bending down and trying to eat the brush. :lol:

Nope they are beating the brush up.. and generally just laughing at me and running away:evil::lol:

Lola used to do that but she has finally decided that she likes the brush but only if you brush her quite roughly. Maybe it tickles??:roll:

Milo brings the brush to you or chews it and can never be brushed enough.

We brush ours each evening. Currently Lola is moulting so much each evening there is enough to fill a saucepan! Nightmare.:lol:

Do I have all this in store or do some bunnies not moult? :?

Yep.

I imagine the local birdies have lubbly soft nests in my vicinty........:lol::lol:
Even my indoor bun has got fur everywhere......but the look on their faces once theyve been groomed!! It helps the bunnies and aides in preventing clogged up tummies too!!

My Snowdrop moults lots but hates being brushed, Strawbs only seems to lose fur when I pick him up, I end up with it all over me!

Bungle is my bunny who moults the least. He needs daily grooming to stop his long hair matting and we regularly brush out knots and clip him.

I think my bunny will be one next month. I rehomed him in April when I was told he was 7 months old but don't know his exact age. As far as Pet Plan is concerned his birthday is 1st September. :wave:

Ours are scruffy at the moment as well - Rosie in particular. Neither are fond of brushing, we get down on the floor with them and pluck bits out when we can. The living room carpet has little squashed piles of Rosie fluff on it at the moment cos I haven't hoovered yet today :lol::lol:

Mine have fluffly bits too - but the brush I have doesnt work very well!:roll: and if I get one with more spoky bits - Im worried I will hurt their bony bits!:shock:

What type brushed work well for you all? Piccies?

I sometimes wet my hands, shake out & then give them both a good old fuss - this brings out loads of fur!:)

Back