• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just ordered the playhouse!

I saw those but didn't like them because you can't stand up in them and it makes it really hard to clean and to pick the bunnies up, so we went for sheds instead

I saw those but didn't like them because you can't stand up in them and it makes it really hard to clean and to pick the bunnies up

I dont find it too difficult. I just kneel down and sweep up... I have a metal playpen around the front of the playhouse and the bunnies come out onto the grass every day for a cuddle and pick up and play :D

That looks great. I would mesh the windows instead of using the plastic they give you to keep it cooler in the summer. Its amazing how playhouses can heat up.

I have 2 and I love them. One is 4 x 4 and was £88 from BnQ and the other is 6 x 4 and was £40 from a reclamation yard. I think they look better than sheds, especially in small gardens and dont mind that I can stand in them, I just kneel to sweep them out.

I'm bothered about having to clean in on my hands and knees, I tend to do that anyway when I'm cleaning out the bunny room. And they dont like being picked up at the best of times but I can always coax them out into the aviary with a shake of the treat pot :lol:

That looks great. I would mesh the windows instead of using the plastic they give you to keep it cooler in the summer. Its amazing how playhouses can heat up.

I have 2 and I love them. One is 4 x 4 and was £88 from BnQ and the other is 6 x 4 and was £40 from a reclamation yard. I think they look better than sheds, especially in small gardens and dont mind that I can stand in them, I just kneel to sweep them out.

You got yourself a couple of bargains there! :shock: I searched high and low all over the internet and ringing local companies and the one I've order was the cheapest decent sized one I could find :roll:

And yeah I'll definately mesh the windows :D

Woohoo! :D xx

Will you be getting the aviary panels from West Hagley Aviarys? Mine were from there - they coudn't have been more helpful and friendly and they were a good price.

Woohoo! :D xx

Will you be getting the aviary panels from West Hagley Aviarys? Mine were from there - they coudn't have been more helpful and friendly and they were a good price.

Yeah I think so, they're not far from where I live and seem a really good price :D

I dont find it too difficult. I just kneel down and sweep up... I have a metal playpen around the front of the playhouse and the bunnies come out onto the grass every day for a cuddle and pick up and play :D

That's my problem, having had an operation on my knee a couple of years ago I can't kneel on it and it's a bloomin nuisance, I should imagine the bunnies will love it though because it will be cosier than a shed, that's the downside to sheds that there is a lot of wasted space unless you put tiers inside, good idea about having a run in front of it and it does seem a good price, did you say you had to paint it yourself?

That's my problem, having had an operation on my knee a couple of years ago I can't kneel on it and it's a bloomin nuisance, I should imagine the bunnies will love it though because it will be cosier than a shed, that's the downside to sheds that there is a lot of wasted space unless you put tiers inside, good idea about having a run in front of it and it does seem a good price, did you say you had to paint it yourself?

I had to paint mine... I think most playhouses come plain wood ready to paint how you like...

You could have a painting party :lol: :lol: :lol:get all your friends round and tell them to bring a pot of animal safe paint in the colour of their choice and a bottle of wine, one condition is that they can't start painting until the wine has all gone, can you imagine the results :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, it's a good idea because you can have the colour of your choice and it will look brilliant

I am just painting my second playhouse.. first one is like this:

P040710_2039.jpg

My second one is going to be blue and cream.. It is being set onto decking which I have been painting today... lots of work!!

You could have a painting party :lol: :lol: :lol:get all your friends round and tell them to bring a pot of animal safe paint in the colour of their choice and a bottle of wine, one condition is that they can't start painting until the wine has all gone, can you imagine the results :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, it's a good idea because you can have the colour of your choice and it will look brilliant

:lol: that sounds fun - but rather messy! :lol:

Back