• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i being over paranoid?

fayem88

Warren Scout
My rabbits are 10 months old, both male neutured. One is a lop and one is a lionhead. The lop is exceptionally greedy and at the sight of any food will pounce to eat it, the lionhead will eat it but wont pounce. They used to go through a whole bottle of water a day (i have bought them the giant bottle as there is 2 of them), but now they hardly drink anything- maybe 1/3 of a bottle on a good day. I noticed yesterday that they had also left some of their food which was strange as they normally dont stop until theres only a few bits left or none at all, but there was about 1/4 left of pellets- between the 2 of them we give them 60 grams of pellets a day. I took them to the vets last night for their Myxo jab and said about the food (the water slipped my mind as its a hard job getting them to the vet as they dont like being handled much although i am trying with this) and the vet didnt seem concerend, she checked them over, felt their sides etc, said they were both very healthy. This morning, they have barely touched their food- 1/2 left maybe more, and hardly any water. There is no behavioural change, apart from the whole ordeal of taking them to the vet- they dont like it and go a bit jumpy when i get them back home. Am i being paranoid? could it just be a change in the weather? Ive never had rabbits before so i may be looking into it too much?

Could be the change in the weather. Are they eating more hay? They could be eating more hay (which is a good thing) and less pellets.

Seem to be eating the same amount of hay, aswell as kicking some of it around! This is why im not sure if i should be worried or not, theyre still just as active as normal so it seems really strange. I dont really want to have to take them to the vet again unless people think there is something wrong as it is a big ordeal for the lionhead just to get him in the cage : s

If you're already mentioned it to the vet and the vet isn't concerned then it sounds ok, could just be the weather rabbits do seem very sensitive to changes in the weather

Yeah ok, i think ill keep a close eye on them and hopefully its just a phase, thanks for the advice :)

Back