• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat Balls

tdsouza

Warren Scout
I was wondering what you all put into your treatballs?

I only put burgess Apple Snacks and am looking for a few more ideas.

Thanks

I feed Bobby her pellets with a food ball, because that girl really needs to work for her food, she is getting a bit podgy

I put their normal pellets in because they love them so much its like a treat to them anyway!

I suppose you could break up fenugreek crunchies and put them in .... or even small pieces of veg eg/ carrot!?!

I'd like to put pellets in a couple of these but Science Selective's shape doesn't really work in them.

I did used to put pellets in one of those blue balls with the carrots on, but Harley chewed through it :shock:

I'd like to put pellets in a couple of these but Science Selective's shape doesn't really work in them.

Yeah this is what I'm finding ..... my two are on SS and they either get 4 out at once or none at all for ages! lol

But they enjoy playing with it anyway so I'll carry on and also add in the odd 'proper' treat.

I have some little yellow stars (I don't know what they are as I threw the packaging away but they're from the Woodlands 'natural' range) so might put a few of them in now and again to surprise them and keep them interested! lol

I read somewhere once that a girl put raisins in hers for her bunnies .... but I wasn't sure if they were ok to feed (surely full of sugar?) so I've never tried it!

i used to put excell pellets in but now feed SS soo will have to break them up and put them in

dad laughs when i feed locksley in the mornings as i put 3 wooden bricks in his food bowl amonst the pellets to try and slow his eating down, he's ike a pig :lol:

I put Dodson and Horrell barley rings in mine - Loxxy goes crazy when she smells them!!! Once she finds one, she grabs it fast and runs away to eat it.

i used to put excell pellets in but now feed SS soo will have to break them up and put them in

dad laughs when i feed locksley in the mornings as i put 3 wooden bricks in his food bowl amonst the pellets to try and slow his eating down, he's ike a pig :lol:

Really? :shock: He looks such a gentlemanly rabbit. :love: I have to confess that a treat ball is one of the few things Spenser doesn't have ... yet ...;):wave:

I've just put some pellets in his treat ball and he is loving it :D thanks

Will try your other ideas once I have stocked up, as his Naturals/herbal treats are running low.

I only put the apple snacks in, if I put pellets in I would have to empty them out again - mine are not fussed about them.

Oooh sounds fun for them i'll have to look into getting one and luna is super greedy, which doesn't matter so much now as she is tiny but I don't want it getting out of hand :shock:

Back