• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hugs for me anyone? :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I've just posted on RB (not Biscuit).

I can't stop crying, i feel like such a horrible person. I can't go and sit with Biscuit, he's just seen me cry for the first time and he ran away and sat in the corner, stamping at me, so i know he can tell im upset.

I feel so seriously stupid :cry:

I'll send you hugs!! (((hugs)))

Chin up! It's so lovely that you remember them so well! :love::love::love: I'm sure you gave them an amazing life. ...illnesses are so sudden, and back then there was little/no knowledge about them.

Go give Biscuit a cuddle! :love::love::love:

I'll send you hugs!! (((hugs)))

Chin up! It's so lovely that you remember them so well! :love::love::love: I'm sure you gave them an amazing life. ...illnesses are so sudden, and back then there was little/no knowledge about them.

Go give Biscuit a cuddle! :love::love::love:

chance would be a fine thing right now, he's not a cuddly bunny, and just stamped at me when i went down looking for a lick or sniff :(

Just feel a bit crappy. Finally stopped crying, read a few respondes and started again.

Do you ever find its just endless?

what's wrong (that's a caring, gentle, what's wrong, not a snappy one!)? i'm sorry you are crying and feel stupid. i'm sure you're not stupid. have hugs.

chance would be a fine thing right now, he's not a cuddly bunny, and just stamped at me when i went down looking for a lick or sniff :(

Just feel a bit crappy. Finally stopped crying, read a few respondes and started again.

Do you ever find its just endless?

I've lost four buns this year...one of them my soulmate. ....to me there is no light...other than my three healthy buns. (YES...THEY ARE ALL HEALTHY!! :D:D:D)

Come and hug any of mine. ...Pixie will sit for hours having cuddles! (She used to sleep in bed with me! :love:)

Try not to blame yourself. I read your post on here then had to go out and check out RB. You're a terrific bunny Dad to Biscuit and it's not your fault we didn't know so much about rabbits in the last century. My Spenser has seen me cry - the night he jumped out of his 75cm pen and I had to chase him round the garden. :oops::lol::wave:

Lots of hugs. Don't feel horrible it sounds like they were looked after much better than the rabbit I had when I was 14 :( you've learned since then and you weren't being deliberately cruel, 14 is such a funny age. My OH's sister used to dote on her hamster, really love her, but after the hamster went to the bridge and she got a new one, at the age of about 14, she doesn't bother with him at all not even cleaning him out

Hope you're ok x

You were just a child hun, you werent to know. The main thing is that you are a FAB bunny dad now, Biscuits a very lucky boy :love:

bighugs xxxx

Don't forget that you told me I shouldn't feel bad - and I was older than you, like 16 or something when I had my rabbit :( You have helped out loads with Yoshi - so there's one bunny saved! And Biscuit of course - was looking at your playpen thread - he looks like he has an awesome home! Cheer up - I always think back and feel bad about previous animals...but we can't change the past. We can only do our best to do right by our pets now - we live and learn! It's okay to miss those buns, but try not to beat yourself up over it. You've helped Yoshi and I know you're treating Biscuit the way he deserves!

((Hugs))
I just read your post don't you worry about a thing, the fact you still went to see them and cleaned them out and had interaction with them is great, just think other kiddies and teenagers wouldnt even bother. They were lucky to have you and I bet they are binkying around at the bridge bunny speaking to eachother commenting on how silly you are for thinking you hadn't done enough.
Biscuit is a gorgegous bunny and I am really impressed with your playpen skills :) we can't change the past but we can change the future for the better.

Big hugs Graham. I can empathise with the way you are feeling. I still can't forgive myself for loosing my first bun and now I have the guilt of not recognising the danger that my last two buns were in when the new neighbours moved in.

Back