• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maybe looking after a nethie.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We have just offered to foster an 10 year old blind nethie- its owner is unwell and needs somebody to look after it for a couple of weeks. Its not something we generally do, but the owner contacted the rescue we used to foster for and the rescue was asking around to see if somebody could take it. Arrogantly, we thought he would be better here than at some of the larger rescues because we will have some more time for him and he can be indoors while here. My only concern is that we find he has terrible dental problems etc and we can't do anything about it because he isn't ours.

Last edited:
I am bit peed off, to be honest. The woman who runs the rescue was supposed to call last night, I even sent a text to say I was free- nothing. This morning I go a call from the owner saying he had changed his mind and was going to try and persevere, but thanked me for offering and asked if he could keep my number in case he did need to put the bun in a foster home for a few weeks. I said yes and he asked how much I would want for looking after the bun, I just said to give a donation that he felt comfortable with.

I am impressed with the guy for calling me up and talking to me, but annoyed with the rescue partly because she could have had the decency to call me and partly because she handed out my number without asking if it was OK. She only ever contact me by e-mail, when she promises to call she never does and she keeps talking about donations for us, but they never appear.
I'm getting a bit fed up with it. We usually offer to help, if she can find no one else to take an animal but never get any feed back as to what has happened in the end.:evil:

That's rotten - and should certainly not be handing out your phone number without your consent!

Sounds like she takes you a bit for granted...

Back