• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Giant x Ringo is looking for love!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Ringo is a naughty little boy that does like to climb and jump. But he is very entertaining!

He has been partially hand reared from birth as his mother rejected him and his litermates.

He is a sweet little boy who is always looking for any treats you might have for him!

He does also have a little attitude, and can be a bit of a grump at times- nipping when he feels you have done wrong.

giantbunsbabies041.jpg

babygiants016.jpg

Last edited:
I've utterly fallen in love with Ringo and been and looked at this thread twenty odd times now so I'm going to ask...

Do you think Ringo would be a good candidate to bond with my trio (two bucks, one doe)? Brian and Thistle are both very friendly towards other bunnies but Jess is a bit funny and will not accept another doe.

The small birds are now out of the bunny shed which means the trio now have an extra 7X3 foot of space (there was a little aviary in there) and I'm kind of wondering about offering a 'hard to home' bunny a new home. Overall, the shed is 9X9ish and the buns get free-range time every day. They don't have an attached run as the shed was really expensive, my Dad paid for it and he doesn't want me to start cutting holes for cat flaps in it! :roll::lol:

I'll have to beg my parents to let me get another bunny (again!) so it might not work out. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, I'd just like to find out if you'd think he'd be happy here before I put my parents in a bad mood! ;):lol:

ETA - forgot to ask - will he need a special diet as he's been hand reared?

Last edited:
He shouldn't need a special diet, no. We weaned them onto pellets, and hey seem to have been fine since!

I think he would bond rather easily. When China and Giganta's litters were of weaning, to help with space, we put all males from one litter in one cage, and females in another. Ringo was from a litter of 4, and his fosterer kept two of his brothers when she fell in love with them, so Ringo as the only boy of his litter in the cage, with Giganta's 4 sons and he has taken on the "father role" to them all! (He is several weeks older)

He is quite strange at times in that sometimes he will out of no where occasionally get a little attitude on him, but this is never aimed at the bunnies, and was always aimed at me or the fosterer :shock: :lol: (I think he may be an early developer and thus be hormones!)

He shouldn't need a special diet, no. We weaned them onto pellets, and hey seem to have been fine since!

I think he would bond rather easily. When China and Giganta's litters were of weaning, to help with space, we put all males from one litter in one cage, and females in another. Ringo was from a litter of 4, and his fosterer kept two of his brothers when she fell in love with them, so Ringo as the only boy of his litter in the cage, with Giganta's 4 sons and he has taken on the "father role" to them all! (He is several weeks older)

He is quite strange at times in that sometimes he will out of no where occasionally get a little attitude on him, but this is never aimed at the bunnies, and was always aimed at me or the fosterer :shock: :lol: (I think he may be an early developer and thus be hormones!)

:lol: I'm no stranger to bunnies with attitude!

Would you be happy to home him to a shed with no run? I know that's kind of a sticking point with a lot of rescues. They do get free range time every day - ranging from an hour if I have work, or pretty much all day when I have a day off. I pick them a lot of grass when they're not out and I did have some grass growing in trays but the wild bunny in the garden dug it all out :roll: I'll have to start putting it in smaller pots on the windowsill or something... :?

Also, if the bond doens't work, would you be happy to have him back?

Sorry for all the questions, I kind of want to make sure I have a sensible answer for any questions my Mum fires at me! :lol: I figure she'll be ok about it as I don't have any birds anymore. I'm kind of replacing 25 birds with one bunny - I think that should be a fair trade from her point of view! ;)

Would they be having access to all of the 9x9 shed?

If so and they have natural light into the shed during the day through a mesh door or similar, then I don't see it as a problem.

Yes, if for any reason an adoptee can not keep a rabbit adopted from us, they must come back to us. :)

Would they be having access to all of the 9x9 shed?

If so and they have natural light into the shed during the day through a mesh door or similar, then I don't see it as a problem.

Yes, if for any reason an adoptee can not keep a rabbit adopted from us, they must come back to us. :)

Yeah, they have the whole shed :) It's actually a summer house/log cabin so it's bright and airy and they have an internal wire door to let lots of fresh air in on warm days.

I'll catch my Mum when she's in a good mood and see if I can convince her ;) (but if he's offered a home in the meantime, don't wait for me - Mum might take quite a lot of convincing! :lol: I'll give it my best shot though :)).

This little boys' three male cousins will all be leaving him soon. All are due to be bonded next weekend to their prospective new partners, meaning little Ringo will be all on his own.

Does anyone not have a bun to take away the coming loneliness from him?!

He is so sweet looking! Unfortunately I live a while away in somerset and I can only have house rabbits due to a nasty rottweiler next door, otherwise he might be a good friend for my female doe!

That's really sad. What went wrong? Hope he finds someone soon.:(

He was supposed to be coming to live with me but one of my rabbits contracted nodular myxi so I thought it'd be best to wait for my bun to recover and then wait for a few months to make sure the myxi threat's been and gone before I give another bunny a home. :(

He is so sweet looking! Unfortunately I live a while away in somerset and I can only have house rabbits due to a nasty rottweiler next door, otherwise he might be a good friend for my female doe!

I'm in Somerset too, i'm driving to Starlights to pick Ginger up next friday *crosses fingies*. It's only 200 miles there and 200 miles back :lol::lol::roll::oops::wave:

Ringo needs *alot* of space! Not sure he'd be suitable as a house bunny but StarlightsRabbitRescue could offer better advice when she's around :)

Back