• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming

redliz

Young Bun
sorry couldn't find a topic on this ...apologies if there is already one :)

My bun is looking a bit 'tufty'.She's very well and lively otherwiseso I assume this is normal and not a health issue :?
I 'groom' her with my hand and lots of loose fur comes off.
I'd like to give her a proper grooming session with a brush but she's not the most, er people friendly, rabbit on the planet ..don't think she'd take too kindly:lol:
Any recommendations ?

sorry couldn't find a topic on this ...apologies if there is already one :)

My bun is looking a bit 'tufty'.She's very well and lively otherwiseso I assume this is normal and not a health issue :?
I 'groom' her with my hand and lots of loose fur comes off.
I'd like to give her a proper grooming session with a brush but she's not the most, er people friendly, rabbit on the planet ..don't think she'd take too kindly:lol:
Any recommendations ?

She's moulting :)

I find the easiest way of doing it is to get a small amount of treats and let her eat them from your hand whilst you brush with the other, keeps Biscuit quiet just about long enough to brush him, and if i need to do it more, i leave it a few minutes and repeat :)

You can get decent brushes for not a lot of money, i picked mine up from local garden centre for £1.99 :)

Hope this helps

Or use a damp (not too wet) flannel if she doesn't like a brush - the fur will stick to it.

If you can gently tease out the loose clumps it might be easier than trying to just get it out with brushing too :)

If you can gently tease out the loose clumps it might be easier than trying to just get it out with brushing too :)

I did that this morning when I let her out for her constitutional ...there were these big loose bits of fur that just came away when I 'plucked' them out ..she gave me such a filthy look :lol:

Back