• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help urgent please is this gas?

winnies angel

Mama Doe
Last night angels tummy started growling, shes eating drinking and happy in herself a part from snorting which has been few weeks now and been checked but this morn her tum is still sqeulching and loud rumbles. Shes had breekie should I get her straight to vets or wait? I dont want to wait and for it to turn to bloat but then if it was going to b ebloat I know it would have happened by now any suggestions please?

Bluebells Tummy can be quite noisey at times but he's never had a problem with ilues. If your bunny is still eating normally I wouldn't panic quite yet.

Thanks Im just worried as I have never in 3 years heard her stomach sound like this and we nearly lost winnie few months back to bloat.

I can't advise but would say that if you are concerned, take her to the vet to get it checked out (especially wth the weekend coming up).

I hope she is OK.

I'm not 100% sure but I think with things like statis it is actually the opposite in that there are no gut sounds because the gut is inactive? I suppose in the first instance though if the gas is moving around it would probabably make some sort of noise. If you are worried then I advise phoning your vet, I know these sorts of sounds are normal for Bluebell, but only you know what is normal for your bunny.

i agree with bunny babe.

Its probably nothing to worry about, my timmy has a gurgly belly sometimes, BUT as uve never heard it before and the weekend is approaching id take her to the vets for a check up and advise on what to do should it turn into bloat.

Lots of vibes xxxxxx

I agree, if in doubt go to the vets :wave: It might be nothing, but you don't want to risk an emergency vet trip on a Saturday night

Can you get some Infacol down her and see if that helps get rid of the gas bubbles,and if she's still the same this afternoon take her to the vet?

Can you really give infacol to rabbits? My muffin is quite a bloaty bun but usually manages to get things moving with plenty of hay ans water. Didn't realise you could give infacol? X

Infacol and gripe water are fine - just make sure they are very diluted.

Or make some weak peppermint tea, let it cool and use that

thanks for all advise been listening to her today and its settled quite quick over past couple of hours no big sounds at mo anymore.
Shes still eating, pooping running around general self as its settled I'll keep eye on her and vets open tommorrow morn if needs be or emergency if needs be.
I know we were told to give winston as much pineapple juice as he could drink so angels had a carton of it over night so ill keep it up for next few days to flush her stomach through and its also a anti inflammotory.
I hate it when you worry but think your being paranoid. Its just I know buns aren't meant to have gurgles as its wind and they cant get rid of it.
I think rabbits are far worse worriers than other pets, Im a nervous wreck.:lol:

Hi - You should make sure that you use fresh pineapple juice, not cartonned as this could have added sugar. They normally say that this can help to reduce hair in their system rather than gas.

Lots of tummy rubs and getting her to run round will help to disperse gas too.

I know what you mean - I worry constantly about Yoshi - could be due to the fact that he had stasis when we bought him :( so he was a sick baby right from the start. If I ever hear him make any weird noise or anything just seems weird, I freak out!! Good to be concerned though, better safe than sorry :D

Infacol is fine for rabbits - I usually give 1ml with tummy rubs and exercise, and repeat in an hour if things don't improve.
I'll give that another hour and if no success then I go to the vets.

You can also give bromelaid tablets, which are suppossed to have similar effect to fresh pineapple juice.

I use tablets aswell, papaya ones. The buns just eat one out my hand as if its a treat, much easier.

Back