• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People who use puppy pens - advice please

I have got a puppy pen today for mylo, its all set up and i have put the bottom of his old cage in it, so his food, litter tray, etc is all still in the same thing. He has only ever used a water bottle to drink and the only way we have manged to fasten it on is at a bit of a different angle so im thinkin he might not be able to drink out of it properly :? What do other people use for there drinkin bottle? I have also put a bowl in too so he can drink out of there but hes never used a bowl so i wont be suprised if he doesnt touch it. Up to now, hes managed to stand in it so hes little paws are all wet!

Try turning the bottle slightly on it's side, it still dispenses the water, a bowl is good though to be sure.

im gona go and try that now, thanks!

I have left him downstairs alone in the puppy pen for half an hour to see how he is, im not gona sleep tonight cos im gona be worryin about him in case he doesnt like his new home! Im not allowed to go down and check on him until 10pm!

I hope he likes it :roll:

Have you pegged something over the top to stop him jumping out? :D

no not yet! im gona see how it goes, its higher up than i thought it would be so im hoping (fingers crossed) its going to be ok! im goin down in 6 mins to check on him!

Please mylo dont have jumped out!! :p:p

im gona go and try that now, thanks!

I have left him downstairs alone in the puppy pen for half an hour to see how he is, im not gona sleep tonight cos im gona be worryin about him in case he doesnt like his new home! Im not allowed to go down and check on him until 10pm!

I hope he likes it :roll:

When biscuit was in his first pen, it was all very odd to him, he'd come from a really small high pen in a garden centre to a 5x2.5x2 ft pen, it took him a couple of days to accustomise himself to our home, but he soon got used to it.

Now i've changed everything again (as you are aware, [Project Play Pen]) it again took him the best part of a day to aclimatise to it.

I'll never look back now though, he's so much happier.

It's just taken me about 10 minutes to type this reply as he keeps jumping up on the sofa with me whilst the OH is on the phone to my brother and he keeps typing for me!:love:

Just keep an eye on him every now and again, but trust me, im sure he'll be fine, sounds like you're like me and most others here, worry about our buns so much as we just want whats best for them!

Hope this helps re-assure you, just be happy in the knowledge that he will like it.

Side note about your drinking bottle; Biscuit had never had anything but a drinking bottle in the garden centre, but when i got him home, he just couldn't use it. I bought the same one they had at the garden centre and then another one and another one and he just couldnt cope. I gave him a water bowl and he was all confused for a while, but he soon got the hang of it. He also got his little paws wet:lol::love:

Sounds like you really want your bun to have the best, so good on you. Do you have any pictures of your setup? I'm always keen to see other peoples bunny areas!

Gray

When biscuit was in his first pen, it was all very odd to him, he'd come from a really small high pen in a garden centre to a 5x2.5x2 ft pen, it took him a couple of days to accustomise himself to our home, but he soon got used to it.

Now i've changed everything again (as you are aware, [Project Play Pen]) it again took him the best part of a day to aclimatise to it.

I'll never look back now though, he's so much happier.

It's just taken me about 10 minutes to type this reply as he keeps jumping up on the sofa with me whilst the OH is on the phone to my brother and he keeps typing for me!:love:

Just keep an eye on him every now and again, but trust me, im sure he'll be fine, sounds like you're like me and most others here, worry about our buns so much as we just want whats best for them!

Hope this helps re-assure you, just be happy in the knowledge that he will like it.

Side note about your drinking bottle; Biscuit had never had anything but a drinking bottle in the garden centre, but when i got him home, he just couldn't use it. I bought the same one they had at the garden centre and then another one and another one and he just couldnt cope. I gave him a water bowl and he was all confused for a while, but he soon got the hang of it. He also got his little paws wet:lol::love:

Sounds like you really want your bun to have the best, so good on you. Do you have any pictures of your setup? I'm always keen to see other peoples bunny areas!

Gray

Thanks, you have made me feel better now :wave: Yeah i have been following your pen to get some advice from it too! Im thinkin it will take time for mylo to get used to it and also we have had to rearrange the furniture so its like a new room to him, so im expectin it will take a couple of days.

I will keep puttin a water bowl in for now and see if he does drink out of it, hes stuck his little nose in a couple of times so fingers crossed!!!

Ive not got any pics yet, but i will take some and put them on 2moro, its not ideal yet cos the bottom of his old cage is a bit big so im goin to try and get rid of that and change it for somethin smaller, i didnt want to do everythin in one go in case it upset him too much!

I will be so worried all night and all through work 2moro, might leave early with it bein friday but im sure he will be fine. When i said goodnight to him earlier he stood up on his back legs wanting a kiss so he must like it a bit!!!:love::love:

Thanks, you have made me feel better now :wave: Yeah i have been following your pen to get some advice from it too! Im thinkin it will take time for mylo to get used to it and also we have had to rearrange the furniture so its like a new room to him, so im expectin it will take a couple of days.

I will keep puttin a water bowl in for now and see if he does drink out of it, hes stuck his little nose in a couple of times so fingers crossed!!!

Ive not got any pics yet, but i will take some and put them on 2moro, its not ideal yet cos the bottom of his old cage is a bit big so im goin to try and get rid of that and change it for somethin smaller, i didnt want to do everythin in one go in case it upset him too much!

I will be so worried all night and all through work 2moro, might leave early with it bein friday but im sure he will be fine. When i said goodnight to him earlier he stood up on his back legs wanting a kiss so he must like it a bit!!!:love::love:

Glad i can help re-assure you, thats what i'm good at apparently according to people i know.

Love it when they try and show you affection - Biccy is sat here licking my fingers and jeans and occasionally tapping a key on the laptop for me:love:

Make sure you cover the pen over with the pegged sheet or something whilst you are out at work, you dont want him to get out whilst nobody is there, as you may find carpet/cables/tables/sofas etc chewed and you dont want a bunny thats chewed through an electrical wire, it can really hurt them. I'm not trying to scare you, just help as everyone else will :)

Glad i can help re-assure you, thats what i'm good at apparently according to people i know.

Love it when they try and show you affection - Biccy is sat here licking my fingers and jeans and occasionally tapping a key on the laptop for me:love:

Make sure you cover the pen over with the pegged sheet or something whilst you are out at work, you dont want him to get out whilst nobody is there, as you may find carpet/cables/tables/sofas etc chewed and you dont want a bunny thats chewed through an electrical wire, it can really hurt them. I'm not trying to scare you, just help as everyone else will :)

just been to check on him and he seems fine, hes used his litter tray and had a little wee so its lookin good. Fingers crossed!

Yeh i might do that for tomorrow when i go to work, and peg a sheet over just to be on the safe side until i feel comfortable with him. I suppose he could escape now and still cause the same damage! He looks so tiny in the cage now :love:

What made u choose the name biscuit? its a cute name!

Back