• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Peaches Piggy & Moomoo bond thread!

Daesy

Warren Scout
Day one

Piggy was laying down by Peaches pen today, so I thought Id start the bond today. I have decided to do it in stages as I unfortunately dont have time to watch them 24/7 for a few days what with work and stuff.

I bought one of the fabric dog pens, put in some bedding and a bowl of yummies and had a towel and water spray at the ready!

Pig and Moo went straight for the food and Peaches stayed off to one side. Then they started to have a sniff and Moomoo growled and there was some hair pulling. I walked around with the pen a bit which seemed to stop the growling.

Piggy started humping peaches, but he always humps Moo as well, its a habbit he can not shake from his days as a stud rabbit! It looked quite silly though with tiny piggy humping giant peaches! haha

Moomoo started licking peaches nose and eyes! But then she would stop and nip. Mixed feelings obviously.

None of them gave a monkeys about the spray!

I could see Peaches getting a bit overwhelmed so I took them all out. They all seem ok now. I'll give them another meeting tomorrow at some point

Day two

so the small puppy pen that i got is too big for the car! stuuuupid!

but I put them in it again, and it was much the same as yesterday. Moomoo did a bit of hair pulling and also some nose licking, but peaches got freaked out every time moomoo licked her so it was a bit hectic with her running around, I had to take piggy out in case he got trampled! He's such a little thing

I think the car ride would be good, I just need something big enough but small enough for the car!

Day 4

Much the same as 1 & 2 to start with. I had to take piggy out as his humping them both wasnt helping at all!

Kept them in for much longer than previously, they both ate a bit and sniffed. Moomoo did some more licking of Peaches nose and eyes, but Peaches got freaked out with the intense eye licking and flinched which made moomoo flinch too

Piggy was running around the outside of the pen buzzing and stamping his feet! He was nutered 3 years ago...

I put Pig back in for a bit, and they all laid down

I now have Peaches inside run divided in two and have them all in there. Piggy is dividing his time between humping moomoo and trying to get to Peaches. I'm hoping this will help the process along!

I'd let them hump if they want to, they need to sort out their pecking order. Having said that though don't allow them to hump the wrong way round, that can lead to some nasty bites on bun's undercarriage.

Day 5

all went really well, loads of licking and laying together after the initial stressy bit

but as usual towards the end, Peaches started getting really stressed and running around which stressed Moomoo out a tad too. I dont know what stresses her, as they are all laying together quietly

Peaches makes these weird noises, like whining and grunting, almost donkey like, i've never heard another rabbit do it.

I think rabbits make that noise when stressed/cranky. When one of my rabbits was pregnant before she sometimes would make that noise to me! At first, she was a bit grumpy. :)

And my rabbits now that might possibly be pregnant made that noise to my male rabbit when they saw him through the wire of his cage and he was wanting to get in to them.

Nutmeg makes this noise. Has Peaches been checked over by a vet? Just I think Nutmeg's are from where she's in the past had some bug and it's affected her lungs. She wheezes as well when she sleeps. I'm not saying that is definitely the case, she may just be a very vocal bunny rabbit!

so they are now all living happily together. Peaches is still a bit skittish and she tends to run away form piggy a fair bit, but I see more and more grooming all the time.

Yay

Back