• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deformity - Lop with both ears on one side.

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
I've just come back from P@H and there is the most beautiful lop bunny in there. However, both of his ears are on one side of his head. So one lops normally, the other lops over that. S/He is absolutely beautiful and I can't help feeling sorry for it. He was there over two weeks ago when I went and was tugging at my heart strings. They've now moved him/her into another pen which I can't help feeling is the "rejects" place.

Do you think that having "deformity" (I hate to call it that) could cause any long term health problems?

I was also wondering what happens to bunnies if they go past their "sell by date" in P@H? Do they just send back to the breeder?

This little man is in the Trafford Park branch of P@H in Manchester. If someone could go and snap him up now I'd love you forever. I pleaded with my mum to let me have another rabbit but to be fair we don't have the space and unless it were to bond with Leo it would be a major problem space-wise.

As far as I know, many baby lops have one ear lopping over the wrong side until they're 12/14 weeks...then it'll lop to the right side.

Not a deformity, just growing up. :D

not really a deformity, just the ears are quite long. sometimes they right themselves, sometimes they dont

Back