• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urghhhhhhh JELLY!!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
She is in my bad books at the moment. I sat in the shed with them for a good hour today, and Domino and Jelly were being so friendly :love: I brushed them, stroked him, Domino even snuggled into my lap. Pebbles stayed in the run, shes a bit shy with people.

She then pokes her head through the hole and i stroked her face. As soon as i did that Jelly bolted past me out of the shed and grabbed hold of Pebble's scruff and they started fighting. Its the first time they have really fought, Jelly chases her alot but i have never seen them do that. Pebbles ran inside and hid herself in the litter tray.

A few hours have gone by nowand they are back to normal. But now i feel like i cant stroke pebbles.

I really want to split them up or add a fourth to even it out as Jelly picks on Pebbles so much, But i cant do either of those options until i finish uni in a year.

I wish Peanut hadnt died so much :(:(:(:( Then they would be in their pairs. I just feel like Pebbles isnt happy, and i feel like im failing her, but i just cannot afford another bunny until i am out of university.

The only choices i have is leave them, and stay away from them so i dont cause any squabbles :( or take Jelly out and have her on her own which she will hate, and she would only get a hutch.

I just feel like the worst person ever right now

Oh No!!! :cry::cry: My two get a bit jealous of each other every now and again:cry: But then I won't see it happen for weeks its strange isn't it? Were you feeding them or have any foodie smells on ya? My two get horrible at food time sometimes and fight so I have to split them up:cry:

I haven't got much experience so can't think of anything straight off??

Any chance Pebbles could be a single house bun for a while? Or will your parents not go for that?

Pebbles would waste away without Domino, she literally adores him more than any other rabbit bond ive ever seen. I would take Jelly away if i had to seperate. even though she would also be sad,i wont split the original pair.

Jelly wouldnt get any more attention being a house bun to what she would if she was outside because when i go back to uni nobody would spend time with her. Mum feeds them and takes great care of them and boarders too,but she doesnt have the time to compensate for bunny company unfortunatly.

And i cant take her uni because A. she would destroy our house :lol: B, after Cotton foster bun did a cecotroph on the carpet the girls will never allow a bun in the house again :lol: and the landlord says no pets.

I just wish i had enough money to afford a fourth. Even if i could i expect mum would say no because shes looking after them when im at uni.

I just dont know what to do, i dont have any good choices.

And it wasnt food or anything like that, its posseiveness. Jelly is SO possesive over me. She wouldnt let Pebbles have any affection.

And it wasnt food or anything like that, its posseiveness. Jelly is SO possesive over me. She wouldnt let Pebbles have any affection.

I get this with Carlo he bites Bobby when I make a fuss over her. Not that she cares she's well "ard:lol:

Buns are expensive aren't they?:( so can see why you can't get an extra one.

I always forget your going back to uni, I always expect everyone to be the same age as me:lol:

Is is just a one off do you think?

I now fuss my two a bit seperatley, Bobs comes downstairs to see us, she gets her fuss then, because my jealous little spaniard won't always have it in their room upstairs, he starts of licking then starts biting me or her if I ignore him and continue to fuss Bobby!:shock:

Could you take Pebs for some fuss on her own maybe? Or do you think that Jelly will keep bullying her anyway?

:(

I don't think you should feel bad - it's not a perfect world and no one can foresee how things will work out, it's not as if you could have planned against this.

I wonder if you could give Pebbles a sneaky stroke while Jelly is occupied with a tasty treat. Or while they're free ranging and Jelly is over the other side of the garden.

Presumably you finish uni in the early summer so it's just less than a year....it'll be over before you know it.

Its not going to happen if im not there to fuss them, so i guess when im at uni it explains why mum says there always fine.
She gets chased away every meal time at first, but its like, one lap of the run then shes allowed to come to the bowl :lol: And the past week Domino has been with Pebbles ALL the time, and Jelly has been left out which is unheard of, and I think Jelly actually is jelous of it all.

Ive always said,and my mum agrees, If we had found Peanut dead one morning, she would have allowed me to get another bunny. Watching Peanut Butter go through ripping his stitches in a neuter, getting sore hocks, losing lots of weight, three operations, so many different antibiotics and a £2200 bill at the end of it was enough to scare her for life. He was insured but this isnt the point, she doesnt have the time to care for bunnies in that way.

I explained to her what happened to Peanut was rare, but i also understand it is still a possiblity.

I just feel so mean.

I'm sorry your in such a fix. Hope something can be worked out. Your bunnies are lucky to have someone who cares so much about doing what's best for them. :wave:

After a heated discussion with my mum - they will stay together as they normally sort themselves out. If they get bad, Jelly will go out and have to be a single bun until this time next year when i finish uni.

It isnt what i want, but im hoping theyl sort themselves out :(

Back