View Full Version : not sure i can adopt Lady anymore =(

Crystal butterfly
05-08-2010, 02:05 PM
my money situation suddenly gone tits up :cry: Ive had to spend the money i had for the new accomodation on my credit cards and the 200 i owe my mum :( its going to take at least 2 months to sort myself out.

I dont want to let the rescue down though and Misty's so lonely life is poo :cry:

05-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Can you not speak to the rescue and see what they say?? Is the financial blip just a temp one cos the rescue could hang on a bit longer, could they not?????

05-08-2010, 02:08 PM
surely they will keep her for you? I thought they were going to take Misty and bond them for you?
hopefully they will understand - are you able to make a contribution to them in the meantime?
Money sucks.

Crystal butterfly
05-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I could speak to them but them hanging on to her will just take up a space for another needy bun :( she is going to bond them for me she needs to homecheck first though as looking at my money i wont be able to buy the new housing for about 8 weeks and she wont homecheck until teh new housing is here i could imagine it being quite annoying for her for homecheck and bonding it could be 10-12 weeks before I could get her :( in the last 12 hours everything money wise has gone messy to the point im really scared :cry:

05-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh I'm so sorry for you :( It must be such a disappointment.

I think all you can do is explain the situation to the rescue and say that you'll commit to adopting from them once your finances are back on track. It might mean the bun you eventually take on isn't Lady, which I know will be upsetting, but whoever you get will be special in her own way. Or the rescue might hold her - it depends on their situation really. hope things look up for you soon x

05-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Was this Lady from NRSA? Maybe they will foster her out for a bit. I know just the person with a spare hutch...........................

05-08-2010, 04:20 PM
The other thing is you need to get your money situation sorted out because theres nothing worse than having to worry about it all the time.
No point in getting Lady if you're still worrying about the money, you won't enjoy her and it wouldn't be fair to Misty either because he will know you're worrying.
big hugs :love:

05-08-2010, 05:15 PM
How frustrating and disappointing for you :( I would just be really honest with the rescue about it. Personally I wouldn't ask them to keep Lady on reserve - is it fair to keep her single and waiting for another 12 weeks or more, if a suitable home came up for her next week? I would say to them that you are still interested and would definitely want to adopt Lady if she is still available once your finances are sorted. If the rescue want to arrange something different then that's their call of course.

05-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe you could offer to foster Lady, and then when funds become avaliable make it perminant