• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Dot is U/D 27 home, tapeworm cyst was found in abdomen! P52 - answers :)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I took Little Dot to FHB today to see when she thought she ought to be spayed and we discussed how she was just waiting to *hopefully* be bonded to Elijah etc. I said she really needed to bond with Elijah as I couldn't realistically keep another two singles or get anymore and FHB thought it would be impossible for me not to get attached to her (don't know if that's a reflection on Dot or myself :oops::oops::lol::lol:) She said Dot was big enough (though she may swear a little whilst looking for the uterus :oops:) and that she wasn't too young, it wouldn't be detrimental to the doe just harder for the vet if she's younger than six months. Soo, I had the option of tomorrow, next Wednesday or I'd need to wait a month. She's stayed there to have the op tomorrow. (the nurse who admitted her was already smitten by the time I left the building :love::lol:)

FHB also commented on how she had good teeth and not too flat-a-face and she was pleased that that seems to be more of a trend now and she's seeing less bunnies with awful teeth.

DSCF5093.jpg

If anybody has any spare vibes I'm sure she would appreciate them.

Last edited:
Awwwww, sending lots and lots of vibes. :love::love:

Perhaps it's better in a way that her spay has been booked so suddenly - gives you much less time to worry about it in advance. ;)

Let us know how Little Dot gets on. :love:

:wave: Thanksies for the vibes.

Perhaps it's better in a way that her spay has been booked so suddenly - gives you much less time to worry about it in advance. ;)

Yeah, I think I pretend to myself it's routine but in the back of my mind I remember Esme stopped breathing during her first attempt, so I will be a bag of nerves tomorrow morning.

Awwwww bless her Alison :)

Sending lots & lots of vibes for one very special little lady :love::love::love::love: No wonder the vet nurse was already smitten - Little Dot is such an adorable little poppet :love:

I'll be thinking about you both tomorrow - let me know how she gets on xx

:wave:
Thanks again for the vibes.

Well, any time now, if not already :shock:

She may be coming home tonight but more likely staying there overnight. I still need to sort out some indoor accommodation for her as it's soo flipping cold at night at the moment (like you would expect in August :?)

Well, I've not had any phone calls so that hopefully means everything's gone smoothly. I'm not sure when morning surgery is finished (probably when it's finished!) so hopefully it's been done and she's coming to from the GA.

another 1 hour and 45 mins to news.

Can I breathe yet?

Well, I've not had any phone calls so that hopefully means everything's gone smoothly. I'm not sure when morning surgery is finished (probably when it's finished!) so hopefully it's been done and she's coming to from the GA.

another 1 hour and 45 mins to news.

Can I breathe yet?

i would, will be difficult to answer the phone if you've passed out:lol:

I'm sure little dot will be fine :) It'll all be good!:wave:

I'm please to report that Little Dot has come to, is fairly bright and has downed some kale and corriander (it would take more than a GA to put this girl off her food :roll:)

Anyhows, she's staying in for tonight (routine for FHB practice) and I have to ring at about 10.30 for a progress report. It's highly likely I'll be collecting her between 2 and 3pm as that's when they are open on a Saturday.

I must try and remember to get some corriander in if that's the first thing that tempted her, so presumably she likes it a lot.

That's great news. :D:D:D

I love buns that are piggies, it's so much easier to nurse them back to health when they love their food. :lol::lol: Alfie's like that, but Bubbles is very easily put off her food and she can be a real worry.

Hopefully she'll be making good progress and can come home tomorrow. :love:

Back