• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello Just adopted a Rabbit yesterday :)

Hi, I'm still new and have learnt loads already so you're in the right place.
I can't help with the dental stuff but loads of people will be able to. My buns like things to rip up and throw about - newspaper, inside of toilet rolls, egg boxes, pine cones, small boxes. You can buy chew toys aswell, mine like willow stuff and wicker stuff. They have some tunnels which they love to run through and also to lie in.

thank you :) maybe i can put a carboard box in :) until i go shopping.. someone told me they like footballs ? x

Welcome :wave:

There are loads of reasonable priced toys & fun things on this website:
http://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/
loads of people on here use them - they are very good :)
My little Phoebe An suffers with malocclusions - her molars don't wear evenly so she has to have dentals to sort them out, I am very lucky that in the 2+ years I've had her, she's only needed 2 dentals so far *touches wood*
I found this article interesting: http://www.mybunny.org/info/dental_problems.htm

Hope you enjoy the forum :wave:

P.S Don't forget to post some pics of your little guy :)

:wave: Welcome. One main thing is to make sure you find a rabbit savvy vet in your area who has experience of dealing with "dental" bunnies.

If you post something with your area asking, someone may be able to recommend one to you.

Hi, and best wishes to you and your bun. :wave: My bunny's favourite toys are cardboard boxes, esp if I cut an extra hole in them. I've bought him a few jingle toys too, from the Rabbit Welfare Association online shop. Their website would be worth a look if you haven't been there already. :wave:

Hi :wave:

Welcome to the Forum - there are lots of Bunny Mummies (and Daddies!) here who have experience of dental buns - just do a search in the box at the top for "maloclusion" (sp?) or "dental" and there will no doubt be lots of threads.

My buns like anything they can throw around or roll, and they love hiding in paper Primark bags!! :lol::lol:

Hi :wave:

Welcome to the Forum - there are lots of Bunny Mummies (and Daddies!) here who have experience of dental buns - just do a search in the box at the top for "maloclusion" (sp?) or "dental" and there will no doubt be lots of threads.

My buns like anything they can throw around or roll, and they love hiding in paper Primark bags!! :lol::lol:

I'm so going to Primark this weekend to get one:lol:

I'm so going to Primark this weekend to get one:lol:

Seriously - they LOVE them!!

Tibbsy loves the MAHOOSIVE ones, then she can get right to the bottom, then chew her way out - eventually it becomes a paper tunnel....and all for FREE!!

*clothes buying excluded, obviously*
:oops::oops:

Seriously - they LOVE them!!

Tibbsy loves the MAHOOSIVE ones, then she can get right to the bottom, then chew her way out - eventually it becomes a paper tunnel....and all for FREE!!

*clothes buying excluded, obviously*
:oops::oops:

:lol::lol::lol: I might just buy some socks!:D:wave:

The best thing you can do is get him a friend. Buns need a companion of their own kind, as they're naturally social animals who would live in a large group in the wild.

Welcome to RU! :wave:

Back