• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Looks like cookie is coming home.U/D he's home

karen354

Warren Veteran
Spoke to the vet and he said he's rather chirpy this morning:D we've got to phone again at 4pm as by then he'll have the results of his urine test. All being well he'll be able to come home :D

Last edited:
GrahamL; said:
Thats such brilliant news!

I bet you are really chuffed to hear that!

Oh Im so happy. He's still got away to go but at least he's well enough to come home to us.

from the pic in your sig, he's the same colour as Biscuit, maybe slightly darker i can't tell.

You're so calm, or from typing you seem to be - i'd be in bits if Biscuit had to go in over night etc!

I was bad enough the day he was neutered!

So happy for you!

That's great news Karen. I hope he continues to improve and you can get the medication that will help him.

Just make sure you ask all the questions you need when you are there to pick him up (I normally write a list :oops: and then ring back later with more :lol:)

7.gif
Yay Karen!!!!:D:D Great news!
3.gif

Thank you :D ... The admin people just phoned with the bill :shock: ouch!! But he's worth it :D just glad I didn't book a holiday this year as we certainly wouldn't of been able to afford it..

I was wondering if he was dehydrated would the antibiotics he was given on Friday work ? I'm hoping that they didn't seem to work was because of this dehydration.
We'll know more when we collect him the vets wants to speak to us.

Well my little man is home :D He is a poorly bun though :( the vet said we could keep him in another night or two but all the tests have been done so now it's just making sure he's eating, drinking and kept warm and I'm sure you can do that at home for him..

He said not to put him back with sally :( he said he doesn't usually suggest this but with Cookie so poorly he needs to be alone :(..
Lots of tests have been sent off and he said we could be waiting up to 10 days for these to come back.
The first kidney test seemed ok one kidney fine but the other not 100% okay, so another test has been sent off.

Little Cookie has slept all the way home and he's still sleeing now bless him :love: he seems so tired.

I'm glad he is home. Could you bring Sally in to "visit" him for a short time to see how it goes but allow him some peace as well to try to recover? This is what I tend to do if Homer is under the weather and it works OK (but then he has prob not been as poorly as Cookie).

Cookie may be tired due to meds?? Sending him lots of vibes.

bunny babe; said:
I'm glad he is home. Could you bring Sally in to "visit" him for a short time to see how it goes but allow him some peace as well to try to recover? This is what I tend to do if Homer is under the weather and it works OK (but then he has prob not been as poorly as Cookie).

Cookie may be tired due to meds?? Sending him lots of vibes.

He's out for the count he looks so peaceful. He's drinking now though out of a bottle when we give it to him so that's good. I hope he wakes up a bit tomorrow, he looks that sleepy and peaceful he's made me tired lol.

Bless him.:love:

When Homey had vetergesic earlier in the year he was out for the count. Sometimes it does them good to be sleepy to give their body chance to recover.

bunny babe; said:
Bless him.:love:

When Homey had vetergesic earlier in the year he was out for the count. Sometimes it does them good to be sleepy to give their body chance to recover.

Did u say homey was tested for ec?

:wave: Yes he was, but was clear.

His symptoms were nothing like Cookies but he got tested for everything (he was basically showing signs of pain and lost weight suddenly). His bloods were abnormal so were then sent for further tests which fortunately cleared him of "leukemia" which had been a strong possibility.

We never actually found out what was wrong with Homer after all the blood tests and X-rays (which were all clear). The only thing we found was that some of his discs in his back were compressed which "may" have caused him the pain he was in or his body was in "stress" which gave the readings in his blood. He did have thorough checks and all tests - very weird but glad he is OK.

His weight is now watched very closely every month when he goes for his dental and he seems to be maintaining and no recurrances (touches wood) of anything wrong.

I have got everything crossed for Cookie.

Back