• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent appeal for a fantastic rescue!!

helli

Young Bun
Can you help? Hopefully with all the loving and caring people on here, I hope we can!

There is a small animal charity/rescue in the Greater Manchester area that needs help and has put out an urgent appeal. The charity was founded in 1966 by one lady and her love for animals and wanting to help, taking in cats, dogs and rabbits. Since then the charity has grown, with a small group of staff and plenty of volunteers to help. Together with re-homing, the rescue offers vets clinics, help and advice for owners, working closely with the RSPCA and much, much more!

Unfortunately due to financial crisis in the UK and the rising amount of abandoned animals being dumped etc (as we have seen on this site alone), this has resulted in increased running costs and at the same time, the twindling donations which the charity depends on so much. To cut a long story short, the charity is in crisis and needs to raise £50,000 to avert closure later on this year. Every penny whether little or small could count and I am hoping we can all help to keep a great place going.

To try and raise so cash, they are having a family fun day on the 8th August (this Sunday) from 12 noon till 4pm. If you have a spare hour or two and live in the North West/Cheshire area, please pop along. You never know what you may come home with, a twitching nose and cotton tail for instance!

For more information about this charity, please take a minute to look at their site www.saarescue.co.uk and see what this rescue really has to offer.

Thanks for taking time to read and hope we can make the difference!

Much appreciated!
Another bunny lover with four of her own :wave:

I am sure that these are the guys I met at a rabbit conference in Manchester in May. They seemed like very lovely folks. I wish them well with their appeal.

I dont live anywhere near the rescue but I wanted to wish good luck for Sunday and I hope you get a great attendance.

I also hope they can raise some much needed cash - just had a very quick look at the website - Martha the rabbit - just gorgeous!! :love:

good luck x

This is right near me. If I can get down I will! I actually emailed them to volunteer a few months back but they never got back to me ... :?

Looks like a nice rescue, I wish I lived closer, I do wish them well also and hope maybe some RU er's local to them can go along and have a good day lending a hand aswell.

Best of luck for their appeal... really hope they don't have to close down as every rescue's work is too valuable to lose :(

Thanks for all your comments! I really hope Sunday will bring much needed donations and much, much more for them. If anyone has a few spare £££'s, you can always make a donation (which I have already) to the rescue. Every little helps! Thanks

I'm also miles away, but wish them the best of luck in their fundraising. I'll see if I can donate a few pounds before the end of the month. Please keep us updated, I'd like to hear hpw they get on :wave:

Im so far away...but I wish them all the very, very best.
Heartbreaking.So many animals,such a shortage of money.So unfair.:(

Just sent a very small contribution, hoping that they can avert the crisis and keep going. I think the recession is hitting a LOT of charities :cry:

Is it the Peggy Henderson? I think it is but they must have a new website. I'll try to go on Sunday & will call tomorrow to see if they need any volunteers xx

yes it is peggy henderson but I think they have been struggling for funds for the last few yrs which is a shame

Back