• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Single storey hutch bunny people

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
I am trying to put together an accomodation leaflet showing examples of good housing for bunnies. If your buns live in a single storey hutch which is at least 6ft x 2ft with an attached run and you don't mind me using your photo please post here.

the attached run needs to be:
on flagstones
made of strong mesh not chicken wire
have a roof or taupauline cover

Thank you

hutch.jpg

Thank you.

Does anyone have one which is ground level (on bricks orshort legs) that has a run attached to it please?

RWalfresco4.JPG

Not a great picture but this is Ruby & Wesley's pad. The hutch is 8 ft long and about 4 ft deep. It sits on a stand which is about 10-12" off the ground. The area under the hutch is all paving slabs and they spend a lot of time under there keeping cool in summer.

There are three paving slabs in front of the hutch, then a small strip of, what was, grass (meshed underneath) and all around the front area is edged with new pine sleepers. Because the area of garden was on a slope, I had to dig it all out, then lay the sleepers round the edge and fill it back in to make it level.

All around the hutch are two 4ft high dog pens fastened together. These are stapled and pegged down round the hutch and attached to the sleepers at the front with heavy staples. I meshed all round and above the dog pens at the front of the hutch (triple mesh in some areas) and stuck up the screening for shade and protection. It's totally enclosed but i get in via the door and by pulling back the mesh on top of it which is held in place by hooks. I've got a load of stuff growing over the top of the mesh and hutch now. I stick the blanket over the mesh in summer in the morning to keep the sun off. It's more shaded in the afternoon. I put a cat flap in the hutch and a ramp below it so they can come and go as they please.

Back