• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Much For Your VHD Jabs?

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Just had Frank and Petal jabbed and it only cost me £21.90 for the two of them, in total!!

That included weighing, heart check, bottom check, dental check and a quick trim of Petals front claws.

The dental check revealed that Petals incisors and molars are fab and Franks molars are fab (Frank has no incisors). That's always a relief to hear!!

I love my vets lol ;)

Thats really cheap. I just had all 6 of mine done and it was £16 per bun including health check - natter with my vet about her hol and a cup of tea :D

Is Lapinject more or less than Cylap?? Does it make a difference cost wise?

They used the Lapinject, but AbbyMarySmokey who also uses the same vets, says they charge the same for both jabs.

Woah, last week I paid something like £33 per bunny! It was £77 in total, though I did buy some hay and treats as well. The drawbacks of living in London...

It's something like £22 per bun for both VHD and Myxi as a package and that includes a health check :D

Woah, last week I paid something like £33 per bunny! It was £77 in total, though I did buy some hay and treats as well. The drawbacks of living in London...

Eeeek!!!! That's ridiculously expensive!!! Get yourself moved further North lol.

I was told I didn't need to get Bramble VHD vacinated, as there had been no cases locally. Still worries me a bit.

I was told I didn't need to get Bramble VHD vacinated, as there had been no cases locally. Still worries me a bit.

who said that? I hope it wasnt a vet, if it was i would change vets!
I would still do it because the sign of VHD is death, so thats why theres usually no reports of it at a vet because the bunny is just found dead :(

I pay £21.00 per vaccine regardless of what it is

Thing is, VHD can just suddenly kill and unless a PM is done, the VHD wouldn't be known about.

I had Frank and Petal indoors and didn't give the VHD then, but thought it better to, now they're outdoors. Of course VHD can affect buns inside as well.

My vet said there have been outbreaks of VHD in the Nottingham area. That news has come from the labs after PMs were carried out.

Same here - its £29 in Cambridge - and thats AFTER my multipet discount!!!

Back