• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dried blackberry and strawberrry leaves- where can I get similar to Pampered Piggies?

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
My two adore the blackberry and strawberry leaves that used to come from Pampered Piggies. However, we are down to our last tubs and as PP does not seem to be re-opening, things are getting desperate:(. This a is particularly bad situation because when my two have stasis, the dried leaves really help them to start munching again.

I have tried them on the Naturals 'Trio of Fruit leaves' but they are not really the same and they don't like them half as much. I also don't hold out much hope of me finding sufficient quantities to dry myself.

Any ideas will be fantastic!

Thanks,

FC x

Have you got room to grow them? Strawberries are pretty easy and don't take up too much room. Blackberries are a big bigger but you could still grow them in a tub.

Have you got room to grow them? Strawberries are pretty easy and don't take up too much room. Blackberries are a big bigger but you could still grow them in a tub.

I have got a big garden, so I could grow them. I'm just worried I would kill them off by stripping them of their leaves on a regular basis. I am quite rubbish with plants, I can kill ivy!

Lol, if you've got room for a blackberry they are pretty rampant. Cutting it down to the ground won't kill it even! Strawberries are slightly less crazy but so long as you have a big patch and take leaves from different plants each time I should think it would be okay. Hazel would be another one if you've got space that's good for leaves, again you can chop it write back and it regrows so pretty hardy once it's settled. If you plant them this year, let them get established you could start using them next year.

Lol, if you've got room for a blackberry they are pretty rampant. Cutting it down to the ground won't kill it even! Strawberries are slightly less crazy but so long as you have a big patch and take leaves from different plants each time I should think it would be okay. Hazel would be another one if you've got space that's good for leaves, again you can chop it write back and it regrows so pretty hardy once it's settled. If you plant them this year, let them get established you could start using them next year.

Thanks for the advice. I will get myself to a garden centre this weekend and buy me and the bunnies some plants:D!

Back