• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are you a giver or taker?

VickiP

Wise Old Thumper
Just thinking about something that I have noticed, whenever I post a thread about my bunnies and pictures, there is often loads and loads of views and not really any comments I mean not even an emoticon:? I am very much a giver (can't think how else to word it) I mean if I visit a thread I generally leave a footprint of some sort in particular the photo's stories, even if it's just an emoticon. It led me to thinking would you class yourself as a giver on here or a taker? The word giver referring to response, do you generally go round giving reponse to others or do you generally get loads of responses?

Last edited:
I'd like to think I'm both. I can't say I'm just a giver, as I'm happy when people reply to my threads. (I don't think many people can say this.) But hey...there's nothing wrong with a bit of take.

I try to comment on everyones buns, but sometimes go through periods where I don't post much at all because I think "why bother". Then again, I don't really post about my buns when I feel like that.

I hope I give as much as I take.

I often post pics of my lot and dont get many responses. But then I often read threads and dont comment unless I feel I can contribute to the subject or its to say sorry or good luck. So in answer to your question I dont know :lol:

I'm always wanting advice, opinions and sometimes reassurance about different things so i'd say i'm predominantly a taker. However i do contribute advice and reassurance too- so i'm not sure :) I guess it depends on other peoples perspective. I like to think i'm a giver, don't we all, but in reality, i'm sure other people will be able to more accurately sum up what i am objectively than i am able to myself.

At home it's a case of i'm the one doing all the cleaning, cooking, looking after the buns, my boyfriend, my family, etc etc. I barely have time to wash my hair and put my makeup on as i've got so many things to do.

I think though you can be a taker in different ways- my boyfriend would probably say i'm a taker on an emotional level with him.

Last edited:
I comment when I can. :D
I don't normally get too much time at work though! :(
Then when I'm at home, I'm busy with the buns. Hehe!

I did find the same thing though when I posted some pics.
I thought it may just be as I'm new and no one really knows me yet. :?
I will continue to post though! :D

:lol: No I know what you mean, I was just pondering sat here in the garden looking at the bunnies why I find them so beautiful but, others will view a thread but, not even put an :love: for example, maybe I am deluded and mine aren't actually that 'pretty' to others, I'm not being over-sensitve about it as really I love them so that's what matters I just noticed that some people with more perfect bunnies maybe seem to get more responses even though they put more pictures up all the time, I class myself as a giver really but, not sure if thats better than being a taker or not, there's nothing wrong with being a taker - it's not meant like that.

I too go through fazes I was off work Vicky when looking a t your bonding post yesterday, but then my internet went down :cry: So didn't post, I usually try and post something on everyones, especially if they post on mine.. so I guess I am a giver and a taker not fussy me :lol:

I comment when I can. :D
I don't normally get too much time at work though! :(
Then when I'm at home, I'm busy with the buns. Hehe!

I did find the same thing though when I posted some pics.
I thought it may just be as I'm new and no one really knows me yet. :?
I will continue to post though! :D

Good on you - maybe I should aswell, even if people aren't commenting I suppose it doesn't mean they didn't enjoy looking at the pics.

I too go through fazes I was off work Vicky when looking a t your bonding post yesterday, but then my internet went down :cry: So didn't post, I usually try and post something on everyones, especially if they post on mine.. so I guess I am a giver and a taker not fussy me :lol:

No I know that, Chavesses usually aren't :lol::lol::lol: Just kidding - as you know xxx

I really can't imagine that anyone is going to say 'I'm a taker, so there'.

Well they cant on here cos posting would immediately prove otherwise !! :lol:

I post on threads where I might be able to help or offer support. I also post on threads with a topic on which I have an opinion. Although Admin/mods might prefer that I omitted doing the latter :D

Well they cant on here cos posting would immediately prove otherwise !! :lol:

I post on threads where I might be able to help or offer support. I also post on threads with a topic on which I have an opinion. Although Admin/mods might prefer that I omitted doing the latter :D

:lol:

Hmmmm I comment loads on General Chat, pic's and Rainbow Bridge. I don't post much in the "Rabbit" sections, because I usually end up offending someone about hutch sizes or haven't had experience with many rabbit ailments.

Bit daft I suppose as this IS a rabbit forum :roll::lol:

This is true, haha and it has literally taken me untill today to get back to normal after the festival... my head was BENT

:lol: What time did you get back then? My head is BENT from being paranoid to go to sleep - I keep thinking the bonding is too good to be true and waking up every 2 hours to check them:roll::lol:

:lol: What time did you get back then? My head is BENT from being paranoid to go to sleep - I keep thinking the bonding is too good to be true and waking up every 2 hours to check them:roll::lol:

It started at 2pm on sat and then finished at 6am, I went to an after party till 3.45pm on the sunday :oops::oops:
I have been in la la land till today :shock:

It started at 2pm on sat and then finished at 6am, I went to an after party till 3.45pm on the sunday :oops::oops:
I have been in la la land till today :shock:

:shock: I predicted you'd be in about 3am - your wilder than I thought:lol:

Back