• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excited biting?

katie2000

Alpha Buck
Pipkin has started chasing Blackberry around and nipping her when I come out with the pellets. This morning she was in the way so he bit her on the back to get to the pellets first :?

Im starting to get really worried that their bond is breaking down. What can I do? They are fine during the day, its only in the morning when I go out with their pellets and he gets excited. He doesn't have a problem with her eating her veg or hay, its only the pellets that are causing this.

Any advice??

I'd scatter some pellets in Pipkins direction before putting the bowl in - distraction often works!

Thank you - this should keep him out the way an allow blackberry to eat in peace.

Actually it just occured to me that he is coming up to dental time soon so I wonder if he is just extra hungry because his teeth are bothering him. Do you think this would cause him to be aggressive?

Thank you - this should keep him out the way an allow blackberry to eat in peace.

Actually it just occured to me that he is coming up to dental time soon so I wonder if he is just extra hungry because his teeth are bothering him. Do you think this would cause him to be aggressive?

I wouldn't have thought so, but its strange that the "aggression" around food has only just started.

Funny bunnies!

Mine chase each other when the pellets come out. Distraction works. I feed as quickly as possible and sometimes scatter pellets in different directions away from each other if they are being abit nibbly . I wouldn't say bond is breaking no- food aggression is quite common in buns when it comes to pellets especially if you are not feeding very many.

Thank goodness - I was having visions of another fight. I don't feed many pellets so they go wild when I arrive with them in the morning. I just worry about poor blackberry being bitten, its never really viscious thankfully but I will keep a close eye on it

Back