• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Concerns...now realised. C'mon Biscuit! (Toilet issues!)

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys and Gals,

As you may or may not have read, been making biscuit a new pen and getting ready to allow him to free-range all day.

Pen was moved yesterday evening around 10pm and he was free-ranging whilst i was working and he used his 2nd litter tray in the lounge absolutely fine. I was a bit iffy as to if it would upset his toilet habbits, but i went ahead anyway, maybe wrongly.. :(

I put him away at about 10:30pm into the pen over night which is where he just sleeps. Its 4x4ft square and it has everything in it the old one did.

He's been drinking and eating loads as always and i've just given him a batch of 7 or so dandelion leaves and he munched them down in quick succession as always.

Not done anything in the litter tray or anywhere else in the pen since, thats over 12 hours of no poops or wee. It's not unusual for him to not do anything during the night, but normally by 10-11am he's done a fair amount of both in the tray, but just nothing now.

Should i be concerned? What can i do? I really don't want him getting ill because of me :cry::cry::cry:

Help!

I'm not an expert in this area im afraid but im sure somone will come along soon who is,
Have you tried putting him near the litter tray in the lounge to see if he'll use that?

Concerns...now realised. C'mon Biscuit! (Toilet issues!) U/D 11:55

5 poops just been done in the litter tray, but still no wee :?:roll:

Getting a bit panicky. He seems very active though.

Last edited:
another bump. Can't believe so many people have looked at the thread and not posted? :?

Our little nethie is very particular where she wees! At times we have had to have her in our indoor cage (she is usually in her hutch outside),we have put her litter tray inside the cage but she refuses to use it in there. She too has not done a wee for over 12 hours, until we took the litter tray out of the cage and let her out. The first thing she does is to run to the litter tray and do a massive wee! (You can almost hear her sigh of relief!) Definitely a creature of habit. :)

Don't panic yet - he's eating, he's pooped,are you sure he hasn't managed a sneaky wee on something?
If you can,try popping him back in his "normal" environment for the rest of the day.

If he was starting with stasis he'd refuse to eat, would act differently to normal i.e would choose to lie down (usually really stretched out or really hunched) rather than run around,and maybe be pressing his tummy to the floor as if its really uncomfortable.

Just a thought but was his water bowl in a different spot yday - maybe he didn't drink enough yday with everything being a bit different?

Panic Over!

Hi guys, sorry for the really manic panic stricken thread.

Biscuit has just sat in his litter tray for about 10 minutes and i've just had to clean it out :lol:

He's now regularly pooping and weeing. I think maybe it all came as a bit of a shock to him being moved home etc.

Thanks for all the comments though!

Sorry from a rather panicky bunny dad!:oops:

Aaaaaw glad he's turned back into a pooping/peeing machine again ....... these little buns really know how to put the frightners up us don't they!

only just seen your post and i was going to say 'don't worry yet'! eric will hold his wee for hours then sit in his tray for ages. and ages. and ages. :roll:

glad you've had to clean the tray out:mrgreen: silly daddy - too much new and exciting stuff going on for little biscuit to be answering calls of nature!

only just seen your post and i was going to say 'don't worry yet'! eric will hold his wee for hours then sit in his tray for ages. and ages. and ages. :roll:

glad you've had to clean the tray out:mrgreen: silly daddy - too much new and exciting stuff going on for little biscuit to be answering calls of nature!

heh - he's being a ****** to my fiancee now, just attempted the great escape from the new pen, then whilst in midair apparently decided against it and ended up doing a massive mid air bunny flop and is now sitting there looking decidedly stupid. I know he's okay though, as he just got up and started nipping my jeans when i went to see he was okay.

Back