• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cookies been kept at the vets U/D spoke to the vet

karen354

Warren Veteran
The vets kept cookie in he's dehighdrated(spelling) the are doing lots of tests and the next 24hrs are critical. If they can get him through the next 24 hours then he start him with more aggresive treatment. The vets cookies at has a 24 hr hospital so he's getting all the help he needs.

Last edited:
I hope he gets better soon! He really is in the best place possible! I'm glad you found a vet whose more understanding and willing to treat him properly!

I hope he gets better soon! He really is in the best place possible! I'm glad you found a vet whose more understanding and willing to treat him properly!

Thank you. Hopefully he'll respond to treatment. I thought I was giving him enough water :( with a syringe I gave him 60-70 ml but I suposse you don't really know if it's all going in.

I am so glad that Cookie is getting the best treatment :)

Don't feel bad about him being dehydrated, you did your best for him. Often no matter how much water you syringe into a sick bunny it is never enough.

Fingers crossed he will be feeling better soon xx

I'm waiting for his blood tests, do you think he'd have the results yet? He took blood at 9.15 this morning.

The vet has said Cookie's Temp is up which is good as it was very low this morning. His Glucose is fine and he's eating very well :)
It's still early days and he's still a very sick bunny but they have got him stable.

I know if he gets through the next day he's still got the very bad head tilt so not sure what'll happen with regards to that treatment.

Hi Karen

If you took him to my vet, then he will be very well looked after. The nurses do hourly checks on all of the animals as standard plus sometimes inbetween.

When Homer was admitted in Feb, I was allowed to visit him and everyone was brilliant with him and will let you take food in to them and cuddle them. They also don't mind you ringing them for updates :oops::oops::oops:

I hope things start to look up for Cookie. Thinking of you both and sending lots of vibes.

Hi Karen

If you took him to my vet, then he will be very well looked after. The nurses do hourly checks on all of the animals as standard plus sometimes inbetween.

When Homer was admitted in Feb, I was allowed to visit him and everyone was brilliant with him and will let you take food in to them and cuddle them. They also don't mind you ringing them for updates :oops::oops::oops:

I hope things start to look up for Cookie. Thinking of you both and sending lots of vibes.

Thank you for letting me know about your vet. He is in the best possible hands , my hubby took him because I keep crying and I don't want to make an idiot of myself. Andy said martin was a nice chap and really knew his stuff . Will take his fav food for him tomorrow.

Don't worry, they are all used to me crying in there and they are very supportive too :oops:

If you wanted to take anything down tonight or go to see him, just ring them before and let them know. You just ring on the door and they will let you in.

I hope he can help Cookie.

Last edited:
It sounds as though Cookie is now with a Bunny Savvy Vet and will receive the treatment he needs. Sending more vibes for him xx

Bless him - I'm so pleased you've managed to take Cookie to another vet that is willing to give him every possible chance. Sending lots & lots more vibes for him xxx

Back