• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed as a rabbit run

:wave: Do you mean instead of the hutch house them in the shed and then attach a run/aviary run or do you mean a tunnel through to the shed from the hutch or something like that?

I am worried about foxes so would not want them to be in a run at night, which is why I thought I would buy a hutch and separate run, I have the hutch, now looking to find a run solution. I wondered if a shed with a wide mesh door would be any good for a run.

I also have a rabbit run, but I wondered if a shed might be a better idea

Last edited:
Oh ok I see - I would deffo move them into the shed but, they will need access to outdoors aswell so I would attach a run via a catflap for daytime, you can make runs secure aswell though by ensuring they are on concrete with fox proof wire. If your locking them in at night you would need to ensure lots of ventilation for the summer months by having the window open wide and some weld mesh on the window to prevent anything jumping in or create a stable door with a weld mesh top that you can bolt shut but, air is still circulating maybe? Have a look through housing, you can search on sheds or runs and it will bring up some ideas for you.

oups so the hutch is a no no then just paid £339 for it too :(

:? I think the hutch sounds fine with a run but just shut them in the hutch at night if your really worried it's not fox proof, do you mean put them in the shed in the hutch at night for safety or put them in the shed to run around at night, leaving the hutch empty - apologies I am not really understanding the problem as such, crossed wires :lol:

Back