• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a nice hutch but can I trust the seller?

I have this hutch, not sure if it's the same seller (mine was from ebay) but if it is the same seller, don't touch them with a bargepole! It does look like the same person from description etc but it is a different seller name

Cheers for the advice. It's going to be for my sister's two rabbits, Dexter and Simba when they're bonded. Dexter is a very small lop and Simba is a fairly large lionhead. Ideally we wanted a double 6 footer but with double hutches they seem to be so hard to find! Would you say a four or five foot double is too small for two rabbits? I suppose they'd be getting eight or ten feet on two levels... For the animal welfare minimum hutch requirements they are hard to find! Makes you sick doesn't it? :(

The hutch you've shown looks like some that we used to have at the rescue.
The wire in the door isn't fox proof,and if its the same hutch, the wire sits inside a ridge, which means the buns can chew the wood from the other side, making it really unsafe. The ones we had were rubbish.

4ft or 5ft doubles are not really ideal for 2 buns, as you lose a good 12" of each floor from the hole and ramp set up, which means they don't have room to hop.
I'd aim for a good 6x2x2 with a good 6x4 or 6x6 run permanently attached.

Back