• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Bless my little bro, he is round today (being antisocial and playing on OH's ps2 which is why I'm on here :roll:). Told him I was getting a girl bun for Castiel. He asked 'can I have one of the little lop eared babies?' How do you explain neutering to a 12 year old??? He wants me to breed baby buns and I don't really want to rant on about rescues and upset him he's very sensitive. (Don't worry I'm not considering it - and I'd struggle as all my boys are plumless!)

Bless my little bro, he is round today (being antisocial and playing on OH's ps2 which is why I'm on here :roll:). Told him I was getting a girl bun for Castiel. He asked 'can I have one of the little lop eared babies?' How do you explain neutering to a 12 year old??? He wants me to breed baby buns and I don't really want to rant on about rescues and upset him he's very sensitive. (Don't worry I'm not considering it - and I'd struggle as all my boys are plumless!)

He might- should understand, my brother is 10 and knows about it inside out..but then again it might be because I go on and on about it........ Say it in the simplyest way making it sound important but not to heavy on the words...... Good luck nicola!

I don't think it would be impossible to say to a 12 yr old "I don't want to breed more rabbits because there are already too many without homes".

If he's really serious about wanting a rabbit, he could adopt some from a rescue ;)

He might already know what neutering is - would he not? Start him young and explain to him about rabbit welfare and the importance of neutering/spaying!! Then make him examine poo with you, just for fun!!:p

Surely if he's 12 he'll ... you know... understand :lol: I remember when i was 9 my dad trying to explain to me why my girl cat hadnt had kittens :lol::lol:

I explained, think he got it :? he doesn't really want a bun I don't think, don't think he'd be able to look after it properly and my mum wouldn't help

Blessim!! Better off without buns - he would turn into one of us!!! :shock:

I know :shock: he did say he was worried by the amount of poo Lucy produced and asked if she was ok, so I don't think he's cut out for it. He's swept Cass's poos up for me though :love::lol:

Back