• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

The Veterinary Centre, Norton Way North - Letchworth

Daesy

Warren Scout
Hi

Does anyone know this practice, and how have you found them to be?

I took Peaches there yesterday, and explained that she had been found being chased by foxes and that i had taken her in and wanted her checked out.

The vet seemed nice enough, checked her eyes, mouth, bottom, belly and weighed her.

I asked loads of questions which he seemed happy to answer.

However, it wasnt until i got back that I realised he hadnt mention any jabs. I called this morning and have booked her in for next monday, however I have a worried feeling that maybe they are not good enough for rabbits, as surely he should have thought of this? Can anyone confirm that they are worthy of my bunnys?! :wave:

I am sorry I haven't replied to you pm yet. I really haven't a clue about vets in that area. we are closer to Milton keynes and Dunstable, so not much help.

Hi

I don't have any experience of that vets at all but I work in Hitchin so if you ever need any help with your buns feel free to PM me. Lib n bun lives in Stevenage so might be able to recommend a decent vet local to you :wave:

:wave: Is Buntingford too far from you? There's a rescue in Royston which uses the Woolpack vets on the Buntingford bypass so they will see lots of rabbits - might be worth a try if it's accessible from your side of town?

Thanks guys

the one in Buntingford is about 18 miles, and I was recommended one in stevenage, but again its pretty far...I want a good vet but I also need to be able to know I can get there quickly in an emergency...

Do you think im right to be concerned about the vet I saw yesterday?

Do you think im right to be concerned about the vet I saw yesterday?

Definitely. I'm not a vet but if people start talking to me about their rabbits even just in a social situation I always try to get the conversation around to vaccs so a vet certainly should.

yeah, thought so

I'm going to change it to Roebuck in Stevenage, its just off the A1m which I am close to, and should take less than 30 mins, I think that will be fine for a good vet

Thanks!

Back