• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poorly eric :( thoughts please u/d p28

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
he seemed a bit odd to me last night - can't explain why, i just felt it. he seemed to be trying too hard to wee, lying down a lot and occasionally leaving bits of wee on the carpet. he'd eaten, wee'd and pooped tho and was quite happy flopped on his back at my feet.

didn't rush for his breakfast this morning so we went to the vets. his bladder was pretty full but not bursting but he really jumped when it was squeezed. his weight is fine (bit too heavy in fact), his teeth looked ok - not great so will need a dental soon.

bit of a quandry.

vet said she would do an ultrasound of his bladder as no ga needed for that and a urine sample. if nothing shows, she'll maybe do a ga for an xray and dental tomorrow.

she's just called. as soon as they put him in the 'kennel', he did a huge wee - no blood, no crystals and no infection so she's pretty sure its not bladder related as in cystitis etc.

so, now she's keeping him in to observe and will hopefully do a dental tomorrow to see if its that.

really worried about eric as i know he's just not 'right' but there's nothing obvious.

please keep your fingers crossed that eric bunn will be ok:(

Last edited:
thank you everyone - and many apologies to the new names that i haven't yet welcomed to the forum. difficult to find time during school hols.

i hate waiting. and i may not see eric until thursday realistically if he has a dental tomorrow:cry::cry: just wish i knew what it was:? he just seemed 'off'. nothing major but just not eric. vet said whatever it is, its in the early stages as i know eric so well rather than when a bun is really poorly. good for eric but rather difficult for a vet i suppose.

Fingers crossed for him that they discover the source of the problem quickly and catch it whilst it's still in the early stage x

Oh no poor eric :( hopefully its the early stages of an infection and can be nipped in the bud with some abx. Well done for noticing so early hun.

Sending loads of vibes to eric and for the dental tommorrow xxxx

Oh no poor eric :( hopefully its the early stages of an infection and can be nipped in the bud with some abx. Well done for noticing so early hun.

Sending loads of vibes to eric and for the dental tommorrow xxxx

the vet's kind of ruled out an infection but has given him a painkiller and some fluids (i think - well, that was the intention).

i adore my buns. they mean the world to me. i really don't think i'll have anymore ever tho after the few weeks i've had with esme and eric. my nerves won't stand it! (and i'll have to bash the credit card again if he's in for 3 days and having lots of tests).

i hate general anaesthetics:cry:

I know what you mean, a sick bun can take over your life and turn u into a nervous wreck! Try and stay positive and think of the wonderful times when all is well :D:love:

Back