• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Steve's gone to the vets with 2 bunnies and coming back with 3!/ vibes needed

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:roll::roll:

Apparently someone left a stray at the vets this morning and the receptionsist asked Steve if we could take it and find a rescue place/ home for it and Steve said yes :shock:

I've always said he is worse than me :roll::lol:

Its male and black, thats all I know. Suppose I better make a cage up for it quickly :lol:

Last edited:
:love::love:

Like Vicki said I bet they thought ah ha Steve will be in soon he will take the stray :lol:
He has a heart of gold, so we will get lots of piccies and he will be going on RR??? :D

Sorry about Dave and Eddie. :( Hope they are not too uncomfortable in the meantime. Good luck with the guest bunny. :wave:

Thanks Susan.

Eddie needs a dental :( We are giving him a few days for the antibiotics to work first as he is always a high risk for a GA.

Dave's stomach is emptying properly. He has been given some zantac to see if it helps and they are having him in for observation friday. they will feed him up and if any abnormalities appear in his abdomen they will x-ray to see whats happening. Again Dave is a high risk for GA :cry:

Oh for goodness sakes :cry::cry::cry:

The rabbit wasn't at the vets, someone had rung them to say it was in their garden what should they do. Steve has just collected it as it was only 2 streets away and as usual with these things it was not at all what we were expecting.

SHE appears to be a heavily pregnant little dutch cross, with the most awful dental problems :( Her claws were also the longest I have ever seen. Her lower tooth roots have pierced through her jaw and her incisors are not wearing evenly. She has one very slightly weepy eye so the top roots are probably bad too. I haven't dare look any further in her mouth :shock:

Steve has just taken her to the vets to see if she is definately pregnant as we have no experience of this. But I guess its either that or she has swallowed a cabbage whole.

So any rescues want to offer a space to a pregnant dental bunny who is probably going to give birth to a litter of dental bunnies??? :roll::cry:

Oh and we have called her Valerie :love:

The rabbit wasn't at the vets, someone had rung them to say it was in their garden what should they do. Steve has just collected it as it was only 2 streets away and as usual with these things it was not at all what we were expecting.

SHE appears to be a heavily pregnant little dutch cross, with the most awful dental problems :( Her claws were also the longest I have ever seen. Her lower tooth roots have pierced through her jaw and her incisors are not wearing evenly. She has one very slightly weepy eye so the top roots are probably bad too. I haven't dare look any further in her mouth :shock:

Steve has just taken her to the vets to see if she is definately pregnant as we have no experience of this. But I guess its either that or she has swallowed a cabbage whole.

So any rescues want to offer a space to a pregnant dental bunny who is probably going to give birth to a litter of dental bunnies??? :roll::cry:

:shock::shock::shock:

Love the name ,good luck with everything else!

How bizzare, she has had an U/S and 3 vets have said no babies :?

How can a stray rabbit with such severe dental problems be so big???

They haven't checked her teeth yet as she is really stressed but I can't see it being good.

Steve just said to me "when are you ringing the local rescue then" and I have pointed out to him that no rescue will want to touch her and the majority of them round here would pts if they did take her :(

Maybe he will think twice before saying yes so quickly to another bunny now :lol:

Meet Valerie :love:

P8030563.jpg

Her claws :(

P8030560.jpg

P8030561.jpg

Her tummy is huge :? Her face and front are so dainty. She weighs 2.65kg I would have thought she should be closer to 2kg :?

P8030562.jpg

awwwwww its unbelieveable - nothing is ever easy is it!

Hmmm you have got a lot of boys in at the moment - would Valerie make a good wifey bun for any of yours - I know you said no more but ;)

She sounds like she has a lot of problems though - so is not going to help your vet bills!! Maybe you need to get that 2nd book started asap :lol:

Seriously though - I hope it all works out - I have a soft spot for dutches - what would be causing her such big stomach?? :?:cry:
Shes in good hands now so whatever happens to her now will be for the best x

How bizzare, she has had an U/S and 3 vets have said no babies :?

How can a stray rabbit with such severe dental problems be so big???

They haven't checked her teeth yet as she is really stressed but I can't see it being good.

Steve just said to me "when are you ringing the local rescue then" and I have pointed out to him that no rescue will want to touch her and the majority of them round here would pts if they did take her :(

Maybe he will think twice before saying yes so quickly to another bunny now :lol:

How very odd :?
Well...she has a name so it looks like she is staying ;)
Poor Eddie and Dave. will have my fingers and everything else crossed for them on Friday....let me know if you need anything.

ETA: Oh my goodness the stae of her nails :shock: At least theyre easily sorted. She has a clean bum....so maybe her giant tummy is a reaction to something she managed to eat :?
Was she DEFINATELY a stray from the garden? If she was then I'd say she hasnt been out long....or her nails wouldnt be so bad. She is gorgeous though :love:

Last edited:
awwwwww its unbelieveable - nothing is ever easy is it!

Hmmm you have got a lot of boys in at the moment - would Valerie make a good wifey bun for any of yours - I know you said no more but ;)

She sounds like she has a lot of problems though - so is not going to help your vet bills!! Maybe you need to get that 2nd book started asap :lol:

Seriously though - I hope it all works out - I have a soft spot for dutches - what would be causing her such big stomach?? :?:cry:
Shes in good hands now so whatever happens to her now will be for the best x

TBH her roots are so bad I dont think it would be fair to bond her to any of our available boys :? None of them are that poorly and all have lost at least one partner already :(

She sounds just perfect for you!!!

Those claws! :shock:

Perhaps wolverine would be a more suitable name!!

Poor bun. I hope she's easily treatable. Couldnt she have her teeth removed?

xxx

Back