• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not eating pellets and mucky bum?

breeze

Mama Doe
over the last few days iv noticed my rabbit has not been her usual self.shes eating loads of hay but not eating pellets and got a mucky bum.shes on burgess excel junior pellets.could they be too rich for her now?any ideas?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think a sticky bum can be linked to too much protein in the diet.

It may be that you are right that the junior pellets are too protein rich. I would switch her to the adult one. Also, rabbits only need about a tablespoon of pellets a day, so you could be over-feeding.

If she is not eating in a way that is normal for her, I would definitely take her to the vets to get her teeth checked and make sure there are no other underlying problems in the next couple of days.

I agree it's probably worth a vet trip if her eating habits aren't normal for her.

It could be the junior pellets, you could be right, I'm not a massive fan of the adult Burgess pellets either, although some buns do fine on them, if you're getting sticky bum I would change from Burgess Junior to the adult Science Selective.

How many pellets do you feed? Excess pellets can also be a problem. Or have you introduced any new veg? It might not be agreeing with her xx

erm with her being 11wks i was told told give her half a bowl full:oops: think thats the problem then.will reduce amount and get adult ones.cannot get sience selective around here

Back