• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should Billy have a new friend????

PhillyD

New Kit
Hi everyone! :wave:

A little advice please......
Billy is 3yrs old and I've had him for just over 2 yrs - he was a rescue bun. Sadly his lady friend Pippa died suddenly in May. She was a rescue too and I had her for just a year.

My dilema is 'Do I get another lady friend for him?' I know that everyone will probably say 'yes' but I'm a little worried about the bonding process. Pippa and Billy did get on but they were never really snuggly bunnies. Billy isn't a cuddly bunny either - think it has something to do with previous owners!!!

So over to you ...... :?

The ideal is always yes.
As long as you can afford it/have the space then it's always worth it to see your bun happy :)
Plus there are many people on here to help with bondings

The ideal is always yes.
As long as you can afford it/have the space then it's always worth it to see your bun happy :)
Plus there are many people on here to help with bondings

Agree with this. Every bun should have a friend. The don't thrive on their own other than in exceptional circumstances.

By finding a reputable rescue close to you, you should be able to get some good advice and help with pairing up. I'd say most bunnies will find somebun to suit their personality.

Good luck

Yep, agree with the others. Three is still relatively young for a bunny so the ideal would be for a new mate if circumstances allow for it.

As the others have mentioned, there are people on here who can help and some local rescues may also be able to help bond for you.

Thanks for your comments. I kinda knew what the answer would be but just wanted some reassurance!! I do have plenty of room - Billy has free reign of the kitchen.

Now just to find the right bunny!:)

The people who run rescues are amazing at pairing bunnies.
I'd get in contact with a recommended rescue, & go by what they say.

Lou (Louise and Gus) and I both live near you and love bonding :oops: If you can't find a rescue to help out I'm sure we'd both be willing to give you a hand starting them off.

Does that place in Cranham have any bunnies at the moment, I forget what it's called. I don't know if they neuter/vacc. There's also Little Angels rescue in Dagenham or there's a new one appeared in Leigh on Sea too. Starlights in Dagenham is closing but has some baby bunnies who are going to be quite large, who will be ready for rehoming once they have been neutered. Have a look on the main database www.rabbitrehome.org.uk and see if any take your fancy. I would suggest getting a spayed female because then the neutering has already been taken care of and you can get on with the bonding :)

Back