• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally pics of the new bunnies

smoo

Mama Doe
Apologies for the sheer size of these photo's I am a bit of a techno-phobe and I have no idea how to do it !!
This was the bunnies first ever grassy experience and they loved it.
Still no names as yet though

064.jpg

066.jpg

063.jpg

Oooh, they're teeny! :love::love: How old are they?
I love the face in the first picture. Looks like a little teddy bear!

They are around 6 weeks old, too young I know but at least they aren't living in there own filth anymore.
I was really worried as the grey one wasn't eating and I though it was stressed out, so I went back and got the brown one and it's really come out of it's shell. They loved their first experience outside and was tugging at the grass with some serious vigour!! They got sleep after about 20 minutes so they are now snuggled up back indoors. :love:

Jenova - Smoo was a nickname given to me from a friend. It's actually Louise and my friend called me Smooise.

I see you in yarmouth, I'm in Lowestoft Very small world

Be very, very careful with grass because babies ideally shouldn't be introduced to it unless they are feeding from mum and mum is used to it. At this age they shouldn't really be on grass at all. Just a few blades each day should be more than enough :) If you can have the run on patio or something that would be awesome.

Jenova - Smoo was a nickname given to me from a friend. It's actually Louise and my friend called me Smooise.

I see you in yarmouth, I'm in Lowestoft Very small world

Tiny! :mrgreen:

Samus is the name of a computer game character but I called her Smoos coz I'm lazy and then one day it turned into Smoo and she came running to me so it stuck. Hehe.

Sky-O - thanks for the advice. They were only out for 20 minutes but i have a patio i'll put them on.

They are lovely - I was thinking what Sky-O said though lol. Bunnies are a fairly steep learning curve but am sure you'll do just fine! ;)

Gorgeous bunnies!! :love:

Thanks folks they are so beautiful but I am biased.. Bunnies are a massive learning curve but i'm enjoying everything minute of it. I have an appointment at a rabbit friendly vet on wednesday to get them checked out.
Any handy tips that people have for me would be fab, although I haven't stopped reading about them since. : )

I'm not sure what breed they are. I'm not even sure how to find out :shock:

Thanks folks they are so beautiful but I am biased.. Bunnies are a massive learning curve but i'm enjoying everything minute of it. I have an appointment at a rabbit friendly vet on wednesday to get them checked out.
Any handy tips that people have for me would be fab, although I haven't stopped reading about them since. : )

I'm not sure what breed they are. I'm not even sure how to find out :shock:

Just to let you know I have found the most amazing bunny vet in Yarmouth so if you ever have any weird problems that stump your local vet send me a PM. :)

Introduce all new foods one at a time and in small portions so you can see if they have any side effects. Get them spayed and neutered. It'll cost a little bit but will make them friendlier, will mean they can live together and can prevent all sorts of health problems that could be more expensive in the future. Give them lots of love and cuddles! If you want to pick them up, get them used to it when they're young because most rabbits don't like it. Take lots of pictures and post them on here. :) And ask any question no matter how stupid it might sound.

Back