• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Little Wesley

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We noticed late last night that he wasn't putting any weight on his deformed leg, but seemed happy in himself and was getting around OK.

Got him an appointment first thing this morning and he appears to have sprained his leg again :(:( It is only a month or so ago that he sprained his good back leg. Both times he never had any kind of accident.

The vet thinks he is having muscles spasms because of his deformity which is making him prone to sprains, poor little boy :(:(

On the bright side I am sure he wont mind the little Metacam treats he will now be getting each day :)

Eddie and Dave at the vets tomorrow :(

Oh noes...hope Wes feels better soon. Is Daves tummy still swollen then? Whats up with Eddie? I think they're competing for the poorly bed :love:

yes Dave's tummy is still swollen and is much worse after food. It is very strange. He is fine in himself so I am hoping I am worrying about nothing. Couldn't bear it if anything happened to him.

Eddie has pus coming from his nostrils :( Hasn't had a problem with pus for months, I expect he is a little run down after loosing Elwood :(

Had to stop the bonding now as I can't risk Wesley being accidentally stood on by Dave. So we have worked out a rota for the lounge. Works out well for Ed as he can choose to be with who ever he wants, when he wants :)

yes Dave's tummy is still swollen and is much worse after food. It is very strange. He is fine in himself so I am hoping I am worrying about nothing. Couldn't bear it if anything happened to him.

Eddie has pus coming from his nostrils :( Hasn't had a problem with pus for months, I expect he is a little run down after loosing Elwood :(

Had to stop the bonding now as I can't risk Wesley being accidentally stood on by Dave. So we have worked out a rota for the lounge. Works out well for Ed as he can choose to be with who ever he wants, when he wants :)

Got my fingers crossed for all 3 of them.
Has Daves eating style changed recently? I know this sounds silly...but if it is worse after food could he be swallowing loads of air if he is gobbling too quickly? And how are his teeths after he lost one the other day?

Bless Ed....he's such a sweetheart :love: Hope it's nothing serious

It's a shame you've had to suspend the bond...but I know how clumsy Blue is....and he doesnt have a squiffy head :love:

Dave is an absolute piggie. he eats like crazy and never puts on any weight. There is something not right with him at all. Its not air as it would be hard, it is like a water balloon :?

Now I have him in the house with me all the time I can see how seriously brain damaged he is too :(:( It didn't show so much when he was in his hutch and run. He does get very confused and flies round in circles so Wes could easily get in the way with his poorly leg.

despite this he is very happy and loves jumping on the sofa for cuddles :love:

With Ed it is his tooth roots, he hasn;t had any antibiotics for ages so has been doing reeally well :)

Dave is an absolute piggie. he eats like crazy and never puts on any weight. There is something not right with him at all. Its not air as it would be hard, it is like a water balloon :?

Now I have him in the house with me all the time I can see how seriously brain damaged he is too :(:( It didn't show so much when he was in his hutch and run. He does get very confused and flies round in circles so Wes could easily get in the way with his poorly leg.

despite this he is very happy and loves jumping on the sofa for cuddles :love:

With Ed it is his tooth roots, he hasn;t had any antibiotics for ages so has been doing reeally well :)

Oh bless them all. Blue is a piggie too...maybe it's a frenchie thing :lol:
Don't know what to suggest with his tummy though.

I'm glad they're happy dispite their challenges....although I wouldn;t expect anything else from a bun in your care.

Maybe it is losing Ellie that has made Eddie a little pussy. Should be easily fixed though :love:

Aww hope Wesley soon recovers! He's one of my 'favourite forum bunnies' - :love: - and hope that all the poorly bunnies soon recover. They are so lucky to have you and Steve xx :love: xx

Everything crossed for all your poorly buns.
I'm astounded by how happy chronically ill buns can be.:love:

Back