• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this not much too small for rabbits?

I dont think that that would be large enough for a permenant home :?
But I would wait for someone else coz i dont know that much :lol:

I don't like them, they are expensive for what they are although the price has come down over the last few years.

I don't like the fact that there is no room for litter tray, food bowl, water or hay inside the hutch bit. it also doesn't have enough room for the rabbits to to sit or lie down properly.

I see they've now added a door in the run which is helpful as it didn't use to have one and they where a nightmare to get the rabbits back out of.

I don't believe what they are saying about the bend on the bottom of the run stopping a fox digging in, I think it would especially as they are saying you cna leave your hens/rabbits out in the run over night.

All in all, they have made some worth while changes but I still think it's a lot of money for what it is.Money that could be better spent on different more suitable housing.

Would this be big enough for rabbits to live in?

No.

The 'hutch' is far too small for 24 hour use and offers limited space for them to stretch out and shelter, they are offer limited protection in extremes of weather. I could go on ..... there are far better ways to spend the same amount of money in larger more suitable accomodation.

Have you considered a shed with attatched run or a wendy house with attatched run. They would cost you a similiar amount but woudl mean you can get inside it in extremes of weather, they are easier to clean out, offer larger accomodation, offer better protection for the rabbits in cold wet weather.

No.
Have you considered a shed with attatched run or a wendy house with attatched run. They would cost you a similiar amount but woudl mean you can get inside it in extremes of weather, they are easier to clean out, offer larger accomodation, offer better protection for the rabbits in cold wet weather.

I already have a big wooden hutch and a run, I was just surfing and came across the hutch and thought it was really small, on their website they say it is ok for two medium sized rabbits, are they allowed to say this now with the new recommendations made by RSPCA and Animal Welfare Act?

Back