• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

treats?

Fenugreek crunchies and barley rings. They have one of either a day. Other than that veggies and herbs are treats.

Mine loves dandelion leaves and anything natural. The only other thing I use is treat hay and veggies :D I stay away from things like choc drops and yoghurt pieces and thing like that, I dont find them very beneficial and can cause tummy probs :D

Charlie does get some of the junky petshop treats, but limited. Normally I give him pellets as his treat during the day because he only gets fed on a night, so a few extra is heaven to him :lol:

I don't give mine anything like drops, seeds bars from petshops. Mine may have either, fenugreek crunchie, a small piece of apple/banana, or a small piece of carrot...but they don't get one everyday...I use dandilion flowers/sow thistle buds, white clover as treats too :D

Nice posh hays, dried leaves and flowers and willow toys are all good treats for bunnies. Anything containing yogurt, sugar should be avoided.

Mine usually get a small piece of fruit, some pellets or on rare occasions a weetabix! they are trev favourite 'healthy' treat :lol:

Gasket's favourite was small animal treats from Asda (green packet biscuity type things). Tap's was for dried cranberries/sultanas. But these new buns get much less pellets than they did so even the pellets are considered treats. :oops:

I also got Sprocket and Widget a parsley bell which they've nearly demolished, a "timbells" https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hay...lls.93.html?osCsid=qr8nb50pqbb2sg1cf9c9mmtu63

which they have ignored :roll:

and a pack of those individual hay portions, https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hay...ay.433.html?osCsid=qr8nb50pqbb2sg1cf9c9mmtu63

which they have pretty much ignored until I broke up the parcel and scattered it on their litter trays.

I got some treats at the vet last week that they seem to love - I got some beetroot and alfafa crunchie things that I can't remember the name of (though they don't get the alfafa ones much as alfafa doesn't seem to agree with their bladders!) and some Burgess Excel rolled grass with mint.

They don't usually seem very fussed with dandelion leaves though, so I wouldn't call that a treat so much. However, having said that, I took them out on the balcony again yesterday and this happened:

39048_456057780350_750930350_6617648_3828806_n.jpg

...so perhaps Sergeant at least likes them after all!

Back