• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack and Hollie Move Out! *Pic Heavy* - (Outdoor Set-up)

Hanlou

Mama Doe
Jack:: Well all dis' started badly! Mummeh gots us in a carrier - we fort we were goin to be stabbed again....

Hollie: I fort we were goin' back to Anty Angie 'cos we ate the paper stuff in the bathroom..... :oops: ..... and Jack ate the carpet at the top of the stairs.....

Jack: It was takin' mummeh toooo lonnnggg to fetch ma veggies so I just fort I shud let them know I was starvin'.

Hollie: It got betta tho - mummeh puts us in a big, big cage! Which was a bit scary but excitin' too. An' there was a big tube t hing...

Jack: .... I went ups the tube lots of times but it was all dark at the top.... so I came back down. Then wen I wented up agen Mummeh was there! So I wented thru and we had a really big hutch thing...

Hollie: ....an' I went too .... an' our poo-box was there... an' some nommy apple twiggy fings....

Jack: .....an' then I went outside the Giant Hutch-fing' an' there was loooadddss of room an' I binkyed and binkyed cos' there was so much room!!

Hollie: I errr stayed in the Giant Hutch-fing and went back to the big cage..... to errrr.... explore lots more.... :oops:...

Jack: 'Cos you was scared. You is a scardy bun'! :roll:

Hollie: Mummeh ses that's cos' I is a baby still and fings. I likes the nommy twigs. So I stayed and ate the twigs. That's all.

Jack and Hollie: We likes it lots. Fank' oo Mummeh and Daddi! :love:

From me - I just want to say - thank you to my husband because he has worked **so** hard on this set-up. Here's the pics!!

Full set-up - it's a 4x4ft shed with a 9x5ft aviary - full height.

RabbitShedFinished074.jpg

The aviary..

RabbitShedFinished018.jpg

Inside the aviary...

RabbitShedFinished078.jpg

RabbitShedFinished079.jpg

John's tunnel connecting the aviary to the shed...

RabbitShedFinished023.jpg

Tube into the aviary from the above tunnel:

RabbitShedFinished077.jpg

RabbitShedFinished075.jpg

Inside the shed...

RabbitShedFinished020.jpg

RabbitShedFinished050.jpg

The yard has been made fully secure so they can free-range too! :D xx

Last edited:
Thank you! :wave: xx

This is the cat-flap in the shed joining it to the aviary...

RabbitShedFinished047.jpg

RabbitShedFinished046.jpg

RabbitShedFinished028.jpg

Oh and a pic of the set-up complete with roof...

RabbitShedFinished111.jpg

The buns!!

RabbitShedFinished052.jpg

RabbitShedFinished053.jpg

RabbitShedFinished067.jpg

RabbitShedFinished105.jpg

I have more pics of Jack exploring the yard but I'll post them seperately.

Oh my gosh, your bunnies are sooo beautiful!!

I love your set up, its fantastic!! The shed looks so cosy with the carpet and rug and the little bench.

I love the connecting tunnel as well!! Lucky bunnies!!!! :love:

Thank you everyone! It's a bit nerve-wracking though leaving them outside for their first night..... :p ..... but I think they'll be just fine..... it's weird in the house without them though!!

The shed is fully insulated with polystyrene and thermal roll (silver / bubble wrap stuff) with white-faced Hardboard on top.

We plan to put some shelves in the aviary and some tubs with plants in on the yard. I'm not sure it will be worth putting tubs out this year now though - will have to see. I also think I'll probably put some Vetbed on the shelf in their shed for them to snuggle up on.

I have been waiting to see this for ages and it's been well worth the wait - blimey they will think they are slumming it when they come here again now they have their new posh pad :)

Well done guys :)

Thank you everyone! :love: xx

I shall post pics of Jack zooming about the yard tomorrow lol. He was binkying like a maniac! :lol:

Awww it's looks awesome! I'm hoping to have a similar set up but hutch will have to be inside the aviary.

Lucky buns!

Where did you get your tube from? thats the kind of stuff I`m looking for, to repalce the tube i`m currantly using, so that my guineas can get to the upstairs of their c&c cage.
And your buns home is amazing.:D

Back