• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy 1st Gotcha Day Twinkle & Star

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
It was a week and a year ago since we met you at Tracy's Family Fun Day. We had rung a couple of rescue centres to find out about adopting rescue buns. We spoke to Tracy who told us that she was having a Fun Day and invited us along.

We went in to one of the sheds and we saw the prettiest Tri Coloured Dutches I had ever seen (probably the only Tri Coloured Dutches I had ever seen :oops:). You were so shy and timid, but we knelt down and talked to you for 30 minutes, letting you come and sniff our hands. You would come over for a nose and a sniff, then creep back again, then come and check us out again. We asked the lady about you, and then went for a cup of tea to talk it over and make sure we could look after you responsibly and give you everything you needed.

But we already knew - you were going to be ours - or rather we were going to be yours. A week later and Tracy had homechecked us and you came to live with us. I didnt sleep all week - I was like a child, so excited and anxious to have you with us.

Initially you had a hutch and a small run. I was so scared about making you safe and making sure you were warm and protected. Then we found a bigger run on Ebay for you. As winter approached we moved you in to the shed and cut a cat flap out for you and attached the big run. This has been your home ever since.

You are still quite shy and timid - you dont like being fussed or picked up but Twinkle you lick our hands and Star you will let us have a quick stroke. You both like greeting us and begging for treats. You are mischievous, cheeky, pretty and timid, all at once.

Thank you for a fab year and for enriching our lives. Thank you for teaching us how amazing rabbits are (and bringing Fay, Starbuck and Kenco in to our lives). (And bringing Mummy to RU!! :oops:)

Happy 1st birthday Twinkle Toes and Starry White Socks!!! We love you lots!

BunniesMay2010096.jpg

BunniesMay2010095.jpg

BunniesMay2010094.jpg

BunniesMay2010101-1.jpg

TyreBunniesJune2010056.jpg

BunniesMay2010MorePics033.jpg

BunniesMay2010MorePics026.jpg

BunniesMay2010099.jpg

awww Happy gotcha day - you got them a similar time to me getting Oreo - I always think you lot have been on RU for years :lol::lol::lol:

awww Happy gotcha day - you got them a similar time to me getting Oreo - I always think you lot have been on RU for years :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I think I remember us joining around the same time!!! Its funny how quick we settle in on here isnt it?!! :lol:

Yay! Happy Gotcha Day Twinkle and Star, so pleased you gave these two gorgeous bunnies a loving forever home Helen and Colin, they are lovely photos :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow girls a year in your forever home.:D

I must admit that I thought your mummy and daddy where mad for taking you two on as first rabbits and I think I remember telling them that at the homecheck.;) but they've done an amazing job with you and have certainly given you that home you longed for.:D

Thank you Helen and Colin for giving these two scamps a fantastic home.

See you soon guys. :D

Wow girls a year in your forever home.:D

I must admit that I thought your mummy and daddy where mad for taking you two on as first rabbits and I think I remember telling them that at the homecheck.;) but they've done an amazing job with you and have certainly given you that home you longed for.:D

Thank you Helen and Colin for giving these two scamps a fantastic home.

See you soon guys. :D

Thank you Tracy!!! :oops::oops: Thanks for letting us adopt them, even though there were quite a few things to learn about in the beginning!!

I remember either the first or second night Star doing this weird running/jumping/twisty head thing and was really worried that she was really ill. After looking on the internet (and stumbling across RU) we found out it was this cool thing called binkying!! :love:

Yes Colin has just reminded me that you double checked whether we were sure about adopting them!! :lol::lol:

Thanks everyone else for the lovely comments, I am glad you enjoyed their photos!! :D

Back