• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I counted...

Suzanne

Mama Doe
30 baby rabbits in P@H today. :( And one lovely one that looked like a wildie in the rehoming section because she didn't like other rabbits :( She was beautiful, I'm convinced she's a wildie cross - very thin and sleek looking face. One pen was full of flies and smelt bad but I couldn't see a lot poop :?

30 baby rabbits in P@H today. :( And one lovely one that looked like a wildie in the rehoming section because she didn't like other rabbits :( She was beautiful, I'm convinced she's a wildie cross - very thin and sleek looking face. One pen was full of flies and smelt bad but I couldn't see a lot poop :?

That's really bad :( Which one was it? I only ever go to the Castle Marina one, and they never seem to have many (although I suppose with it being the start of the kids holidays they're probably stocking up :roll: )

Its the summer holidays so they are trying to cash in on kids whining to their parents about getting a rabbit. :( More mess for the rescues to clear up. Poor wildie cross hope it gets a decent home.

Last edited:
That's really bad :( Which one was it? I only ever go to the Castle Marina one, and they never seem to have many (although I suppose with it being the start of the kids holidays they're probably stocking up :roll: )

It's the one at Ikea retail park. I only went to Boots but thought I would nip in for a quick look. I also notices that the giant that had been there for weeks had gone.

Its the summer holidays so they are trying to cash in my kids whining to their parents about getting a rabbit. :( More mess for the rescues to clear up. Poor wildie cross hope it gets a decent home.

I would never get a rabbit from P@H but this agouti girl was lovely but I expect she will be there for a while cause she's not 'as pretty as the other fluffy ones'.

:cry: Thats so sad....

My girls are from P@H...:oops:...they were in the adoption centre & I only went to see them cause I was told about them ...long story......but they Agouti too!

I saw some in there the other day....a load of babies that were only due to be sold that sat...:cry: and then 2 other left from the weekend before...each by themselves so must have been a male & female...one was black and the other agouti....bet they will still be there when all the other fluffy babies have gone....Oh i want them when they by themselves.:(

Shame there is a bun in the adoption place thats been there since feb. this year - the sign says "she needs an experienced owner" ....she is just by herself in a small cage & I feel so sorry for her...does anyone know what happens to them if they are not sold?:shock:

There were loads of babies in our P@H today too :cry:. A woman was buying one and I tried soooo hard to get her to (a) get it a partner and have them both neutered or better still (b) get a ready neutered pair from a rescue. She was quite keen but her OH just kept tutting and giving me evils. They eventually just bought one baby bunny :evil:. The checkout guy was giving me evils too because I was saying all this whilst we were waiting to pay.

luckly my local store doesn't have any animals for sale at the mo as they are havin the shop refiited

I'm lucky in that my new local P@H has their bunnies in very clean conditions with lots of hay to nosh on.. seen some very bad stores though :cry:

I think it helps if the staff working in the particular store are rabbit owners themselves as they have more understanding and give out better advice.

I always worry about where the baby bunnies go to though - will they be loved or just forgotten about when they get bigger :?

:( I guess it's because of the summer holidays. I hope they all find good homes!

I was in a pet shop buying hay earlier and I can never resist having a look at the rabbits but always wish I didn't. There were lots I saw a baby bunny that looked just like Ruby. She (or he, perhaps) was the only one all alone, too. I nearly hid her/him under my jacket and ran out :lol:

Back