• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Puzzled about Shed Windows

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Ok i'm still trying to figure out how we mesh the shed windows but still be able to open them. Any solutions would be gratefully received!!! :D Also.. what sort of mesh should i use?

have you got a pic of the windows? can't you just pop out the perspex/glass and staple some mesh in it's place?

IMG_3913.jpg

This is the photo of the shed..the windows are all pinned in place so dont think it would be very easy to remove them and then in winter we'd have to put them back in again. the windows open out with the hinge being on the sides nearest the sides of the shed.

Thanks
Just been talking to hubby about it and now wondering if we made a sort of box shape to put on the inside with hinges one side and bolt the other side we can open it and then open/close the windows:? not sure if thats over-complicating it but cant figure out anything else!
Is it weld mesh that you should use for hutches/runs etc? Just gotta figure out where to get it from

What's the mechanism for opening the windows, can you just lengthen the catch so it its through the mesh where you can access it.

its like what you get on wooden windows in a house.. at the bottom of the window is a metal long bar with holes in which lifts up and then you open the window and secure it onto a different hole.. if that makes sense.

here you go :wave:

P8010556.jpg

P8010557.jpg

P8010559.jpg

Thanks for those photos, i see what you mean now.. yes thats the sort of catch i have.. except the windows open sideways rather than up. If i have a space like that though, coudnt something still get in and therefore make it not so secure? My rabbits will be free range in the shed not in a hutch ;)

Thanks for those photos, i see what you mean now.. yes thats the sort of catch i have.. except the windows open sideways rather than up. If i have a space like that though, coudnt something still get in and therefore make it not so secure? My rabbits will be free range in the shed not in a hutch ;)

I think the only thing that could get in are mice or rats :? But I guess if they are determined enough they would get in anyway. Certainly keeps bigger animals out :)

I think the only thing that could get in are mice or rats :? But I guess if they are determined enough they would get in anyway. Certainly keeps bigger animals out :)
oh ok.. i'm really nervous about putting my babies outside as they have always been house bunnies so want to know they will be safe ;) will have another chat with hubby and see if he could do that

I made the gap as small as possible, its only about an inch. I always scrape the skin off the back of my hands when I open the window :lol:

I made the gap as small as possible, its only about an inch. I always scrape the skin off the back of my hands when I open the window :lol:

oh i see.. yeah id probably do that too :lol: the things we do for our fluffies!:lol:
What can you use to cut it with?

Back